Create a campaign feel with 4 classes

Likewise!

I want to run this campaign pronto!

These are amazing! I want to run a Heavy Metal Sword & Sorcery Campaign right now. 

And I'm actually a huge fan of the WFRP professions system so many of the templates were in homage of them.

Shire: Halfling fighter, halfling explorer and halfling venturer, gnome trickster. (Use one of the halfling house rules)

Keep on the Borderlands: goblin, orc, warlock, (evil) priest.

Normal men: Lvl 0 has no class :slight_smile:

Apologies for contributing to further derailment, but I snooped around this "theRPGsite.com" and the gist seems to be it's somehow affiliated with TheRPGPundit who I seem to recall is a character of infamy among the RPG online community and was one of the two people listed as consultants on 5th edition that a sizable chunk of people took issue with. Is that it? Or is the forum also ifamous for rudeness/other unsavory behavior cropping up?

Sometimes I think I'm better off being largely unaware of the politics surrounding the online communities. I didn't realize Zak S was such a polarizing figure until after I owned both his books, and I feel like I'm better off for it.

Thirded!

Campaign of the Dead:

Assassin (Cult Deathbringer)

Barbarian (Death Dealer)

Witch (Death Mistress)

Dwarven Fury (Dirge Marcher)

I did not expect this response! It turns out, I’ve never actually played WHFB, so perhaps I’m not the correct person for a faithful rendition to Domains at War. That said, I’m doing my best to keep my new units (and emerging “army lists”) consistent with grim/dark Medieval fantasy and heavy metal album covers, so it should be tonally compatible. Just need a more caster-dangerous magic system and some way to assign point values to units in Domains at War (nudge nudge :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Aside from Battle Rating?

You are far better off not knowing it. Enjoy someone's work for what it is, not who they are. It's not like you checked the background of the people who made anything else you bought, and one is deluding oneself to think that none of them did anything you would consider deeply wrong.

At any rate, the site has a certain unsavoury reputation, but that's based on the fact that there's virtually no moderation to make people feel safe. This has its benefits, namely that you can tell people what you really think of them and their argument without having to pussyfoot around. That includes the site owner, TheRPGPundit. You can sling expletives at his avatar all day long if you disagree with him, and are so inclined. The downside of this is that arguments sometimes become colossally vitriolic, with heaps of personal abuse. But then, it's someone shouting at you, through text, on the internet. Who cares? For me, on balance, the freedom allows for far more free-ranging and deeper discussion, including viewpoints that might be extremely unpopular, and ends up being more interesting. Your mileage may vary, of course.

FYI, there are some things that are frowned upon over there, but they're pretty straightforward: stalking, invading others privacy (i.e., revealing personal details), linking unrelated images that hog bandwidth, blind links, disrupting threads (i.e., repeated, intentional derailment), sock-puppeting, linking to racist or sexually explicit material...I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting, but that's seriously about it.

Just saying, I do have a more caster-dangerous magic system :stuck_out_tongue:

Change the results of the wild surge table to look more like Perils of the Warp, and the occultist (available in the Downloads section here) would fit pretty well for Warhammer magic I feel.

Tweaks would be necessary in some places to match perfectly, of course.

Macabre maximus!

There are no halfling PCs in ACKS! ;)

LOL. It would create a unique feel, though. The little people will convert you, Alex!

Alex mentioned an experimental points system for Battles in a G+ post a while back. It sounded like it took into account such details as lieutenants and having magic weapons for heroes, which BR doesn’t.

Hmmm… gave it a read, and it does sound pretty close to right. Thanks!

[quote="Alex"]

There are no halfling PCs in ACKS! ;)

[/quote] *hides the Halfling Bounder house rules*

*and the Fool of a Took special ability*

*and the 37 varieties of pipeweed and their effects*

(note: I don't actually have any of this stuff, but was kicking around the idea of a Halfling Bounder class)

[quote="Alex"] There are no halfling PCs in ACKS! ;) [/quote]

Or troops. Their upkeep costs are ridiculous due to second breakfast, elevensies, and afternoon tea.

Variant on Shadows in the Night:

We Were Never Here: Nightblade, Delver, Assassin, Trickster

Our Enemies Shall Fight in the Shade: Explorer, Ranger, Machinist, Barbarian (nomad archer)