Third-Party Product

Tywyll: Thanks for the purchase!

my pleasure :slight_smile:

Tywyll: “Yes, all the spells were built with the PC. Pay close attention to the range. Unlike a lot of mages spells that can be used from far off, this spell requires you be in charge range.”

must do some math, I would have preferred something like 1d6/2 level more in line with other spells

Tywyll: Also burning hands does 5d4 to an area.

right… more math!

Tywyll: Ah, the White Mage should have healing rituals…I think that got cut off. > I will edit it and try to update the pdf soon.

shouldn’t he get to cast 6th level spells to do that? He is arcane after all

The Black and White mage are built similarly to the Warlock. Arcane 3, Thief 1, all thief abilities traded in for their various special abilities.

The Warlock gets Necromatic rituals at level 13 as though they were 11th level, so the White mage should have Healing rituals (only) as though they were 11th level.

I would have loved to do a spell that breaks down to 1/2 levels but the PC doesn’t have guidelines for that (since spells in B/X never worked that way). So… I used what I had. :smiley:

thanks for the heads up

in B/X magic missile had some strange progression as some 2nd level spell

Yeah, it does, but it’s unique in that respect. There aren’t any core spells in BECMI that work on a 1 die/per 2 levels scheme…hence that not being an option in ACKS either. shrug

Easy enough to fix in your own game, certainly, but I wanted to stick to the rules for my products. Though I will be releasing some stuff that breaks the rules (and does it quite clearly) later on.

You can hack it together the way Magic Missile does by the targeting options.

1d6 damage per level (max 1d6) targeted at 1 creature plus 1 per 2 additional levels costs 27 * .1 * 4 = 10.8, making it a first level spell (approximately) that deals 1d6 damage per 2 levels. (Which, in this particular spell, is mandated to all be at the same creature.)

Making an AoE spell that does that is more houseruling and less hacking it, though.

Now available from DYS Games, three new classes:

The Elven Dervish. These elven warriors of the sands are devoted to law and learn a smattering of divine magic as well using the sword and arcane magic!

The Elven Shadowmage. These elves learn a unique form of shadowmagic along with their normal arcane powers. This allows them to operate in the shadows, fulfilling the role of a thief, only using their magic instead of mundane skill.

The Wild Elven Ranger. A variant version of both the elven race, and the elven ranger class from the Player’s Companion. These elves are more in tune with nature and the class has a more ‘mystical’ feel (though still without spells).

Check them out here: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8327/DYS-Games

Three new classes from DYS Games for Labyrinth Lord and other clones:

1. The Scout-a cross between thief and ranger, guerrilla warriors who are experts at infiltration and remaining unseen.

2. The Celtic Bard-a variant bard class, hearkening back to the original druidic bard from the advanced version of the world’s most famous role playing game. Luckily, without the fiddly mechanics of the original version!

3. Wild Elven Shaman-another new wild elf variant class, the elven shaman uses the magic of the spirits to guide their tribes and fight their foes.

http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8327/DYS-Games

I’m slightly hijacking this thread (hope you don’t mind, Tywyll!) to mention that Powers of the Mind is now available. (Same day Wizards released their psionics for 5E, too. Jerks stealing my thunder.)

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/152054/Powers-of-the-Mind

Four classes, six disciplines, 151 powers, psionic combat, psionic research (including both creating psionic items and modifying powers to make them your character’s own version), optional rules, eight monsters, wild talents, and the rules necessary (when combined with Player’s Companion guidelines) to make your own psionic classes and powers.

It almost makes one wonder if they read your mind…

After a hiatus to work on White Star stuff, I’m now back in the class creation game:

I have four new classes, all part of my alternative take on elves, the divine elf!

We have the Divine Elven Spellsword, who uses divine magic and might of arms to face their foes. Includes a new spell.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/159901/Divine-Elven-Spellsword?src=newest

Then there is their dark mirror, the Divine Elven Nightblade, rogues and assassins who channel somewhat darker blessings to aid their clandestine abilities! Includes three new spells.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/159904/Divine-Elven-Nightblade?src=newest

Then we have the Divine Elven Enchanter. This is a divine elf who focuses entirely on magic, eschewing the arts of war for greater mystical and social prowess. In addition they possess all the tricks of their arcane brethren, such as mastery of charms and illusions, and a mystic aura.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/159937/Divine-Elven-Enchanter?src=newest

Finally, we have the Elven Wardancer. The wardancer is both the protector of their people as well as the keeper of their lore. Their connection to nature grants them many gifts as they progress in level, while their wardancing and magic grant them the strength to hunt their foes and protect their tribes.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product/159906/Elven-Wardancer

Anyone know why some posts by "The Dark" are getting erased essentially?

[quote="wmarshal"]

[/quote]

I think they're editing them themselves, based on the forum reporting them active while it was going on.

Don't know why, though.

[quote="Aryxymaraki"]

-wmarshal

I think they're editing them themselves, based on the forum reporting them active while it was going on.

Don't know why, though.

[/quote]

Two possibilities:

1. Their account has been compromised, and the guilty party is intentionally doing harm.

2. They are exiting this forum for reasons unannounced, and want to remove their contributions for corresponding reasons.

I've seen the latter before, on another forum.

[quote="RandyB"]

-wmarshal

Don't know why, though.

-Aryxymaraki

Two possibilities:

1. Their account has been compromised, and the guilty party is intentionally doing harm.

2. They are exiting this forum for reasons unannounced, and want to remove their contributions for corresponding reasons.

I've seen the latter before, on another forum.

[/quote]

Ugh. Neither option sounds optimal.

Yeah, the vast number of "marked as new but actually just a dot" posts makes it rather hard to spot actual new content.

For what it's worth, I plan to fix up the commotion with the edited posts by going into the database and reseting the 'last changed date' of all of those posts in order to clear this out globally for everyone; if I could beg for everyone's patience.

We’re on it. It wasn’t malicious, and we’re hoping to get things fixed up.

As reported elsewhere, the database has been massaged.