Character Creation Help

I’m creating a psychic tentacle monster as my character’s alternate form. I took the octopus from the appendix as the basis and replaced some of its powers with psychic versions. I then increased the stats to make it more of a match for the PCs. It has the following statistics.

800 CP
Power Limit: 24
Challenge Rating: 120

Primary Attributes (300 CP)

• MIG 6
  • AGI 10
  • VAL 6
  • RES 4
  • INS 2
  • CHA 2

Powers:

• Extended (+2 SP) Additional Limb 2 (set of tentacles) (56 CP)
  • Burrowing 1 (10 CP)
  • Dark Vision 3 (11 CP)
  • Super-Perception 5 (20 CP)
  • Hovering Flight 5 (40 CP)
  • Eye Contact Mind Domination 8 (205 CP)
  • Linked Mind Field 2 and Mind Screen 2 (28 CP/28 CP)
  • Mind Reading 5 (50 CP)
  • Eye Contact Telepathy 8 (56 CP)

Skills:

• Aerial Combat: 7 (21 CP)
  • Escape Artist 4 (8 CP)
  • Stealth 6 (18 CP)

Perks:

• Alternate Form (40 CP)
  • Grappling Expertise (6 CP)
  • Tireless (5 CP)

Drawbacks:

• Body Form (aquatic) (40 CP)
  • Disturbing Appearance (5 CP)
  • Illiterate (2 CP)
  • One-Eyed (2 CP)
  • Unspeaking (5 CP)

Now I’m not sure what to do with the remaining 48 points. Should I decrease some of the abilities? Add some drawbacks? I’m stuck on this and need help.

Just a suggestion: I would radically cut back on powers, mostly on their strengths, but maybe on their number, too - for example, I’m not sure about flying. Also, if you decrease Mind Domination to 4, that alone almost satisfies the restraint, while doesn’t imbalance your character.

You can gain a few points on Primary Attributes, too, say, if you decrease MIG to 5 and AGI to 8, that gives you 30 CPs right away.

I would also think about the distribution of the Drawbacks, the one-eyed is…interesting, for someone with Eye-Contact based powers. :slight_smile:

Just my 2 cents, naturally, but a small redistribution can go a long way. :slight_smile:

1 Like