2nd Session – Part 1
The Village People:
· Tariq the Harvester – Lvl 2 Mage (Necromancer) – Black Lore of Zahar, Alchemy (x2), Healing, Soothsaying – INT +3, CON -1, WIS +1, CHA +1. Spells – Choking Grasp (skeletal hand), Identify (skull in bag tells him details), Charm Person (blows a kiss and a spirit enters body of target) & Summon Berserkers (4 undead minions, leaving a skull shaped smoke cloud as they disappear) - Extremely short necromancer
o Barnabus Bannon – Lvl 1 Fighter (Corsair)–Swashbuckling, Seafaring – STR +1, INT -2, WIS -2, DEX -1 – scimitar & dagger wielding ne’er do well.
· Eduardo – Lvl 3 Thief (Cat Burglar) – Cat Burglary, Gambling, - DEX +2, CON +1, WIS +1, CHA +1 – Budding real estate tycoon and mastermind. Wears leather
o Ukla the Quick – Lvl 1 Barbarian (Pit Fighter)–Running, Combat Reflexes, Gambling – STR +1, CON +2, CHA -1 – Ex-gladiator turned adventurer – fights with net and trident.
o Boy – War dog
· Dave ‘the Hermit’ Carrin – Lvl 3 Cleric (Hermit) of Hera – Laying on Hands, Naturalism – STR +1, DEX -1, INT -1 CON+1, WIS +1, CHA -1. Wears plate + large shield (+2 AC and enc.) Simple, uneducated, but intuitive.
o Julia Feny – Lvl 1 Preistess (Medican) of Hera – Laying on Hands, Healing x2 – WIS +1, CON +1, CHA +2 ambitious, charismatic novice with a good heart
· Jace – Lvl 2 Mage (Elementalist) – Elemenatlism, Naturalism, Alchemy, Magical Engineering – STR+1, DEX -1, INT +2. Spells – Burning Hands (Breathes fire), Magic Missile (Shoots mini-dragon head shaped flames), Detect Magic (flames of varying colors dance on magic items), Charm Person – has wand of magic missiles. Quiet pyromaniac.
· Illyrio Sicarus – Lvl 2 Assassin (Bravo) – Fighting Style (two weapons), Intimidation – STR +2, DEX +1, CON +2, CHA +1 - Wears leather
And featuring a guest PC from Rufus’ Raiders (son visiting home from college)
· Dante – Lvl3 Assassin (Assassin-For-Hire) – Precise Shooting, Bargaining, Fighting Style (two weapons), Weapon Finesse, Intimidation – STR +1, INT +2 WIS -2, DEX +3, CON -1
o War dog, Hunting dog, armed wit short sword and +1 war hammer.
We started with a lot of paperwork. I presented the players with a map of Muntburg showing their property and a list of the value (in gold and xp) of historical facts from Dwimmermount. I had previously determined that the Fist of Zeus party had adventured in Dwimmermount during the time they were travelling and had cleared out some of level 2b, resulting in 1 party member being mortally wounded, and leveling for most. The PCs rolled and it was the leader Jehan, losing both of his legs (to the slayer of adventurers; the dreaded fire beetle). He was taken to the temple of Zeus in Adamas and had his legs restored, however he ended up a female. Enjorran, a member of the “Fist” (a female in my campaign) had taken a liking to a cursed broach. The combination of the curse and Jehan’s sex change resulted in her losing faith in the gods, her cleric status, and her resulting retirement from adventuring. Symon Cato, from the Temple of Zeus in Muntburg, took her spot on the “Fist”.
In Adamas, the party sold the recovered jewelry (rolling for each piece and achieving 60-70% of value) and some potions. They deposited the ring of protection +1 with Isaac Stocker’s henchman Murray to sell it (10% roll failed for August). Dante and Illyrio bought the two guard wolves available for sale in a class II market and Tariq bought a trained hawk. Dante bought a slave, looking for the biggest and dumbest one for 150% of the cost (I let him roll one up with best 3 of 4d6 for STR and he ended up with a 17 STR). Dave the Hermit used this time to earn 25 GP per day doing miracles in Adamas. Eduardo made it clear that to the world he was to be called “Kaiser Souse’”, to protect his identity. Hera’s congregation in Muntburg continued to grow (aided by Julia’s daily free miracles).
Upon return to Muntburg, Illyrio looked to find out which syndicate was involved in the brothel (if any). He met with Madam Selena Cooper, who offered to make him a silent partner if he wanted to invest. She refused to identify her other ‘partners’, but it wass clear it was an organized group (probably the “Dock Boys” from Adamas.
The party had heard of ‘Vareze’ from Segur the king of the orcs. They planned on killing him to keep their word with the orcs. They entered the dungeon, stopping by the face to ask about how the water from the moon pool was collected. (They had previously determined that the magic of true water would quickly fade once removed from the moon pool. They knew that Isaac was looking for a way to transport the water out). The face told them that true water would only remain pure in flasks of pure adamantium, purified vitreum, or coated in solid azoth. They made it to the stairway to level 2a, stopping to kill some centipedes feasting on the shells of fire beetles.
Before they went down the stairs, they took the time use lamp oil to clear the floor and burn off a blood trail from a fleeing orc (from Rufus's Raiders). Eduardo identified a yellow mold and they were careful not to disturb it, hoping it would remain a trap for the unwary.
They met the orcs at the bottom of the stairs, calling out ‘hail Segur’. The orcs allowed them to clear the newly made barricade enough to get by. The orcs managed to give them some basic instructions how to reach the ‘pool of life’ so they could kill “Vareeze’. They stopped to investigate a room with metal shelves and some alchemical mixtures and a strange metal fixture. There were 8 liquids of various colors. Between Jace and Tariq they were able to identify 1 healing potion and 3 potions of gaseous form. There were two other colors they were not able to identify. Tariq tried one and it tasted terrible. Jace tried the remaining one, started choking, and died. Although Illyrio and Dante were happy to end up with a poison potion each, the party had to collect the body and haul it out of the dungeon.