In-Character 2a Oh, what a tangled web we weave...

Miska wanders up to the doorway, having been distracted out in the yard area. "Someone was bellowing for a healer?, I can see if i can provide some blessings. Who would you like me to look at?"

[quote="Hengist"] OOC:  Can I see any kind of brooch or cloak clasp on Aramis?  Say, something vaguely raven-ish?  Hengist cocks his head and looks in what he believes to be a subtle and nonchalant manner. [/quote]

Hengist tosses his golden hair in what he hopes is a nonchalant manner, surreptitiously looking Aramis up and down as he does so; the constable doesn't appear to wear any sort of clasp like the one the carpenter bore, and nothing else about his garb appears even slightly "raven-ish."

[quote="Hengist"] "Well, this is awkward. I'd swear he was still kind of burbling there when I checked on him." [/quote]

"You'd best head outside..." Aramis says, looking down at the body of the carpenter with a brooding expression. He chews at his lip for moment, then speaks again, "I'll need to speak to Lord Mallory about what's to be done about this mess."

[quote="Miska"] Miska wanders up to the doorway, having been distracted out in the yard area. "Someone was bellowing for a healer?, I can see if i can provide some blessings. Who would you like me to look at?"

[/quote]

The constables' companions stand before the doors to the workshop, and as Miska approaches the doors the two of them lower their spears towards each other until the heads touch. Neither says anything, but the message would seem to be clear.

Hengist

I'll crack the doors, stick my head out first, and duck underneath the crossed spears.

"Pardon.  Aramis sent me out."

[quote="barkman"]

Miska wanders up to the doorway, having been distracted out in the yard area. "Someone was bellowing for a healer?, I can see if i can provide some blessings. Who would you like me to look at?"

[/quote]

"Well, it's just me now.  Bastard got my arm," and I hold forth the named limb.

Masov

..taps Hengist and Miska on an appropriately tappable area, and nods towards Kerrick. 'Let's, ah, give these gentlemen some space and update our behorsed companion on the happenings, hm?'

[quote="Hengist"] I'll crack the doors, stick my head out first, and duck underneath the crossed spears.

"Pardon. Aramis sent me out." [/quote]

The two men incline their heads in Hengist's direction, though not enough to get a good look at them beneath the hoods of their blue cloaks, then both raise their spears, giving Hengist enough space to exit the workshop.

[quote="Masov"] Masov taps Hengist and Miska on an appropriately tappable area, and nods towards Kerrick. 'Let's, ah, give these gentlemen some space and update our behorsed companion on the happenings, hm?' [/quote]

You regroup with Kerrick a short distance from the front of the workshop. With seemingly nothing exciting occuring, and no monsters or madmen rushing out of the carpenter's workshop, several of the local residents drift away, although several still remain, including the heavyset woman who earlier spoke to Kerrick. She eyes Hengist with interest, perhaps because he's injured?

It is some time before Aramis exits the building, looking rather upset and wary. He spots your group, then leans in and says a few words to his companions by the doors. He then walks over to the group, "I expect you won't be going anywhere. I'll be talking to the Baron about this, and we'll see what his judgement is..." he looks around the party, as if watching for your reaction, then turns and unceremoniously walks away in the direction of the manor.

What is the party going to do next?

[quote="bobloblah"] You regroup with Kerrick a short distance from the front of the workshop. With seemingly nothing exciting occuring, and no monsters or madmen rushing out of the carpenter's workshop, several of the local residents drift away, although several still remain, including the heavyset woman who earlier spoke to Kerrick. She eyes Hengist with interest, perhaps because he's injured?

[/quote]

Hengist flips the hair out of his eyes and winks, but duty calls, so he squares up to follow Aramis.

After some discussion, Hengist, Dagmar, Kerrick, Masov, Miska, Aria and Andrew head back in the direction of the Baron's Manor. The party clusters around Kerrick's steed as they walk, not really in any particular hurry, but not dawdling, either. You all catch sight of a few shapes at windows, watching the party pass. All duck back as the party nears, all seemingly wanting to remain unseen. Passing the inn, you head by the front of the dilapidated building, then turn east towards the wall surrounding Lord Mallory's estate. As earlier, the gate stands open, and you walk up to the front of the building unimpeded.

Hengist steps forward and swings the knocker a few times, listening to the booming sound fade into the manor's interior. You stand waiting for some time, before Hengist again grasps the knocker, and swings it loud enough to wake the dead. Still no one comes.

It is now around mid-day.

Masov

'So, while we're waiting...' Masov remarks, sotto voce,  'did you find anything in there?'

Hengist

"Oh!  Yeah!  The carpenter was wearing this raven clasp at his neck, for whatever that's worth.  And his wood carving... most of it was normal, but there were a couple of pieces like this one," [briefly displaying a small piece of carved wood with a leaf motif] "that made me feel weird.  He was working on a whole chair like that.

And... he spoke a foreign language, something I'd never heard before.  Made my ears pop once.  And he told me I'd be dealt with like the others, and would serve him in life or death.  So that doesn't sound good.

Probably should've mentioned all that before, but I was thinking of what to say to the baron.  I really didn't start that fight, by the way.  Guy didn't like me bringing up his kids - or offspring, he called them.

Not sure what Kaul turned up, so best just not to mention it.  I killed the carpenter and his wife, right, Dagmar?"

Hengist

After a decent interval for conversation, I gently unlatch the door, then use the tip of my spear to push it wide open without crossing the threshold.

​Noooooo, the shame of double posting!

Andrew the Healer

Andrew has apparently not been handling this well. Silent for how long now? What does finally break through is the injuries of Hengist "Hengist, I should heal you. Your wound- infection- " Andrew says. Assuming there are no objections, he will begin binding the wound and calling upon the forces of life.

OOC: So my books are on my semi-functional computer, and I don't have the time to drag anything out of it right now. IIRC, a witch can cast one spell per day and Andrew should have a healing one? Cure Light Wounds? Point is he casts it if he does and uses his first aid abilities.

[quote="Andrew the Healer"] "Hengist, I should heal you. Your wound- infection- " Andrew says. Assuming there are no objections, he will begin binding the wound and calling upon the forces of life. [/quote]

Andrew peers carefully at Hengist's wounds. As he examines them closely, he begins a quiet chanting, and within a few moments the pain of Hengist's injuries begins to fade.

Andrew has cast his spell for the day. Hengist regains 4 hp.

[quote="Hengist"] After a decent interval for conversation, I gently unlatch the door, then use the tip of my spear to push it wide open without crossing the threshold. [/quote]

Hengist reaches out and grasps the door handle; it gives slightly, then stops, solidly, with a "clack!", seemingly locked. No sound comes from within, and no one appears to be about.

[quote="Hengist"] Not sure what Kaul turned up, so best just not to mention it.  I killed the carpenter and his wife, right, Dagmar?" [/quote]

Dagmar looks at Hengist blankly for a moment, "You did?" before her eyes go wide, "Ohh...I mean yes, you did."

Andrew
“So then, they were the ones that hurt you? Or… wait. I think I get it.” Andrew thinks he gets it. Shock can be turned into “cold killer” right?

Hengist

"Thanks, Andrew.

Doesn't look like they're expecting us after all.  Now what?"

Hengist

"Helloooooo?"  [Coversational tone, not yelling.]

Yeah, I'll just put my shoulder to the door and try to break it down.

"Sorry about your door!  I demand an audience!"

Masov

'I don't know who all is stationed in the manor, but I'm not terribly sure we're equipped for a siege, even of a house. If we're not able to gain entrance via the usual methods; I'm very curious where Kaul and Gwydion have ended up, and I'd like a closer study at that leaf'.

[quote="Hengist"] "Helloooooo?"  [Coversational tone, not yelling.]

Yeah, I'll just put my shoulder to the door and try to break it down.

"Sorry about your door!  I demand an audience!" [/quote]

Hengist throws his shoulder against the stout door with a thud, but the iron-bound portal doen't so much as budge. A dull "whud!" sound from the door can probably be heard throughout the dwelling, yet still none come to the portal.

Hengist

"Uh...  You're prob'ly right, Masov.  I just got all fixated on receiving judgement.  Now what?"