Opelenean Nights

Great question! During the Lost City portion of the campaign, I treated a cult safe house as civilization, yes.

Thanks Alex!, I assumed something like that otherwise the PCs will never made it out of the pyramid :slight_smile:

By the way, loved the encounter with the bandits. And the barber being the BBG remembered a Cthulhu game where one of the players accused the barber of having the girl kidnapped whilst being shaved by him, it took weeks of cleaning to remove the blood stains from the barbershop :stuck_out_tongue:

I started reading this and immediately realized I opened my Crimson Sun campaign with the exact same module, similarly altered to fit my campaign setting. B4 is awesome!

It’s a solid dungeon crawl, has good reasons for a party of folks who don’t know each other to be thrown together, has multiple factions to RP with, fight againt, swindle, etc. Plus it has “these are clearly the enemy” factions, and last but not least, a crazy megapowerful monster to contend with.

It’s one of the most pulp adventure modules, as well, in my opinion, which is a genre which lends itself very well to low/mid level ACKSing.

Yeah, Zargon and the fact it’s all basically Red Nails (with a D&D twist) are the reasons I picked it, I think.

Absolutely! Amen.

Yup. B4 is usually considered to be amongst the best Basic D&D modules ever released, the other contenders being B2 and B10. I’m currently running it in a campaign (on hiatus right now) using the BECMI rules, and it’s tons of fun. There’s a great series of campaign reports (using ACKS) on the Bridge to Cynidicea blog that really show the open-ended potential of the module.