Draft Terran "race":
Men and women from 20th and 21st century Terra sometimes end up trapped on Kanahu. They might have been teleported there by a freak physics experiment, or perhaps their space capsule fell through a wormhole and ended up in Kanahu orbit. In such a barbaric world of savagery, idolatry, and superstition, these educated people are utterly alien and thus are a "race" of their own.
Modern terra is a world of Science and Reason. This is, of course, an abstraction, as superstition still subsists. However, the Terrans discussed here are those of an archetypal modern mindset and education. Familiar with advanced technology, they might seem indistinguishable from (actual) sorcerers to the typical Kanahi savage.
This "race" represents characters who recently came from Terra, but have learned at least the rudiments of the local language.
(In terms of inspiration – think of A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court rather than John Carter)
All Terrans require a minimum Intelligence of 12 or better. Terra, of course, has its fair share of less intelligent people, but the archetype we represent here is that of men of learning. Also, modern education will make even the less bright Terran look very clever in comparison to the majority of Kanahu's population, which is for the most part illiterate and atavistic.
Class category Values:
- Divine: Terrans may not have any Divine value on Kanahu (though many hold faith in a Terran religion).
- Arcane: Terrans are of rational mind and thought. Furthermore, actual magic, as present on Kanahu, does not manifest on modern Terra. Therefore, they may not have any Arcane value.
Terran 0 (200XP): at Terran 0, the class will have the following three custom powers:
- Technological Familiarity (reskinned Alien Intuition): Terrans are familiar with technological concepts. While they may lack knowledge of typical Visitor artifacts, they still tend to quickly recognize them as tools and machines and examine them in a scientific manner. Therefore, they can achieve On the Spot Understanding with all alien tech on a roll of 11+ (with mishaps only on a 1) (counts as 2 proficiencies).
- Rational Thought (reskinned Illusion Resistance): Modern-day Terran education emphasizes rational thought and scientific reasoning. Therefore, a Terran is skeptical about his surroundings and enjoys a +4 bonus on saving throws to disbelieve magical illusions.
- Scientific Knowledge (Knowledge proficiency at level 3): Terran education, even at the college (or high school!) level, is far superior to Kanahi education in the Sciences. Terrans can function as Sages on the subject of Science, can instruct students in the scientific method, and enjoys the other benefits of the Knowledge (Science) proficiency, as described in ACKS Core. (counts as 3 proficiencies).
Terran 1 (400XP): Terran 0 + 1 proficiencies
Terran 2 (600XP): Terran 0 + 2 proficiencies
Terran 3 (900XP): Terran 0 + 3 proficiencies
Terran 4 (1,400XP): Terran 0 + 4 proficiencies
Experience Point Progression After 8th Level:
Terrans may only follow the Fighter or Thief progression (i.e. HP, Fighting, and Thievery values) and increase the amount of experience required to gain each level after the 8th by 10,000XP.