What is required to list a product as compatible?

Oddly enough... I was working on a similar concept years and years ago, as a text adventure.

The first layer was the standard text adventure fare; talk with people, interact with objects, and so forth, used in cities to buy gear or get quests, in ruins to solve puzzles, and so forth. It was purely text-adventure; I had even started to add some "long term" puzzles like investments.

The second layer was a rogue-like exploration system, moving around a (randomly generated) mini-map, discovering cities or ruins, and traveling on a macro scale (a 24-mile-hex view, as it were). It consumed resources like food and water, extended the map, encountered random monsters, and allowed you to travel between cities at a "realistic" pace, as opposed to either typing "go north" a million times, or having an eventless "you travel north for 20 miles..." every time.

The third layer was a battle system, which I must admit I put the most time towards. Single or multiple monsters, and one adventurer, though I had planned for the ability to have henchmen that would act on their own unless told to do otherwise ("tell William to attack the ogre" or "tell William to fight anything").

It was never completed, obviously, but this thread reminded me it still exists. One of the hardest parts was coming up with all the monsters, armor, damage, etc.; if I use ACKS rules, I could easily throw in all manner of creatures, attacks, etc. I'm going to have to look into that, some day. Not any time soon, mind you. But some day!

Any ideas on what constitutes digital? I’m sure I could do some research. My big questionis, what if one wanted to release something on Roll20? I have dreams…

I cast Raise Thread!

While looking for ACKS games on YouTube, I found this promo video for a college game dev project from 3 years back, Adventurer Conquerer King: Succession. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5RbSum8x0Q

Quite fun-looking! I'm mildly disappointed that it never saw release even as a freeware game.

wow that looks great!

hmmmm.... north carolina... isn't that Alex's neck of the woods?  Are these cats somehow connected?

Yes. I was the advisor/sponsor for their development of the game as part of being an advisor to the local college game design program. Because, you know, I have ample free time and it seemed like a good idea! UGH

[quote="Alex"] Yes. I was the advisor/sponsor for their development of the game as part of being an advisor to the local college game design program. Because, you know, I have ample free time and it seemed like a good idea! UGH [/quote]

Ah, marvellous! 

The split design (action-oriented fight sequences and construction-oriented town sequences) had the feel of ActRaiser, which was mentioned upthread.

Does look interesting. Bit of a Diablo thing going on.

I don't see any source anywhere; nor a public class page, bit of a surprise for a CSE department.

they certainly did a better job with their capstone game project than I did back in college: we just had the player drop a bunch of physics controlled blocks with brick/steel textures into a tube and called it "construction simulator"