In-Character 4 Predator and Prey

((Fair enough, I’m used to rolling double the dice instead of rolling once and multiplying! [I don’t think there’s a lot of difference between 12 and 14 anyway ;)] ))

Kerrick Helmsworth

Kerrick, engaged in melee with this elf and with far too many ghostly elves with greatswords in the cottage for comfort, will attempt to stab him to death before he gets to pull any other tricks.

Hengist

Well, do or die.  I'll spear the elf that cut me.

...  Crap.

Aria

Seeing that her companions have plunged back into the fray, Aria will pick up her glaive and charge the enemy through the door.

I'll remind you of this:

There is a thump at the front door, as Dagmar arrives from the rear of the building and throws her shoulder against the sealed portal.

...and this, which Aria saw a few moments earlier: http://www.autarch.co/comment/23262#comment-23262

I believe that was the reason she leapt through the window?

Masov

'Well...otyugh.'

Masov drops the crossbow again in order to jump in through the window and aid his companions in melee.

Oh curses. Well, let's say I will pick up my glaive and stab anything in range from the window. 

That seems feasible, and the hollow elves should be within reach.

Gwydion

If feasible, Gwydion casts a spell. If not, he lobs a dagger in hopes of distracting the fleeing Elf.

Kaul

If i dont have an open target i will change my bow for my spear. If i have a target i will shoot

Miska calls out his deity's name, and charges into the fray, looking to help Aria with the spellcaster.

(not sure where to roll for init)

[quote="Aria"] Seeing that her companions have plunged back into the fray, Aria will pick up her glaive and charge the enemy through the door. [/quote]

Aria spins on the balls of her feet, catching her toe under her glaive; with a practised motion, she jerks her foot upwards, propelling the weapon to her waiting hand at the top of its arc. Without missing a beat, she charges the window she most recently fled through, guiding the head of her glaive through narrow opening beside Kaul...

As Hengist moves against the hollow elves, a large blade slices past his shoulder, slashing through the neck of the uninjured member of the ghostly pair. Nearly decapitated, the gaunt elf stumbles backwards, yet no blood flows from the hideous wound. As the elf's body finally realises death has arrived, it topples over backwards, fading into mist before it even hits the floor!

At the back of the room, the severely injured Spellsword drops his hands from his side and draws his swords with preturnatural quickness, suddenly a deadly threat to Kerrick. The elf knocks aside a clumsy thrust from Kerrick's spear before lunging in, stabbing the Paladin in the abdomen with one of his swords!

Kerrick takes 6hp damage.

Kerrick grunts, stumbling slightly as white hot pain shoots through his belly. The elf attempts to recover his stance, but, slowed his own injuries, makes clumsy work of it, dropping his guard as he does so.

Swinging his spear round with whatever stength he has left, Kerrick smashes it through the elf's feeble parry, stabbing into the Spellsword's shoulder at the base of the neck. There is a gout of blood as the elf collapses, and the Paladin pushes him down with the point of his spear. The Spellsword's accusing eyes lock on Kerrick's face...then pass beyond seeing. Kerrick jerks the point of his spear free from the body.

[quote="Kaul"] If i dont have an open target i will change my bow for my spear. [/quote]

Seeing Hengist's desperate situation, Kaul tries to emulate Aria, stabbing his spear through the open window and catching the elf off guard as the head passes neatly through the space between Hengist's arm and his body. The broad head pierces the injured elf's side, and without a sound the hollow elf stumbles and falls, dissipating into nothing before reaching the floor. Hengist is left standing alone and in shock, his two opponents having vanished before his eyes.

[quote="Miska"] Miska calls out his deity's name, and charges into the fray, looking to help Aria with the spellcaster. [/quote]

"THOR!" shouts Miska, raising his weapon aloft, and then charging the unoccupied window, attempting to climb through the narrow aperture. He and Masov nearly collide in their haste, and end up clambering over top of each other, each trying to force their way in. After several moments, the pair tumble through the frame into the interior space of the cottage.

[quote="Masov"] 'Well...otyugh.' [/quote]

Looking around, neither can see any living opponents. Both Kerrick and Hengist still stand, though both are badly injured. 

[quote="Gwydion"] If feasible, Gwydion casts a spell. [/quote]

At the back of the building, Gwydion braces himself against the cottage, then calls to mind the formula he desires. Gesturing with his free hand he begins a ritualistic chant in elven, the fleeing elf looking up from his climb in panic...as dark energies uncoil from the Enchanter's grasping hand, coiling around the elf's throat. Panic-stricken, choking, the elf grabs at his own throat, seeking escape from the deadly grip - and falls!

The elf tumbles backwards, and Gwydion loses sight of him just as he hears the sickening "thud!" of a body hitting the ground.

Gwydion

If Gwydion can somehow maintain his concentration despite losing visual contact, he will. Otherwise, he scrambles up as hastily as possible to assess his handiwork and follow it up as necessary with a thrown dagger.

Andrew

The healer will continue to hurl darts when he gets the chance. At the fallen elf if he can get a clear shot.

The last elf that fell is around the back of the cottage. The only one there is Gwydion. There is a Spellsword that Kerrick impaled with his spear; to Andrew's experienced eye, he appears finished, and unlikely to survive, although you would have to personally check him to know for certain. The other gaunt, "hollow" elves disappeared as they were killed. They were clearly sorcerous in nature, as they suffered no discomfort and did not bleed when wounded.

[quote="Gwydion"] If Gwydion can somehow maintain his concentration despite losing visual contact, he will. [/quote]

Maintaining his concentration, Gwydion tightens the grasp of the dark enegies at his command...

How long does Gwydion maintain his Concentration?

Hengist

"Well, dragons.  Thanks."

I'll follow the fled elf out the back and see what I see.

Masov

'Everyone who's able, catch up with Gwydion 'round back - anybody more dead than this elf on the floor? If not, let's think about stabilizing him and tie him up - Andrew, Miska?'

If there's no better way out back, Masov will hop back out the stupid window again, giving the door the evil eye.

Kaul

I will follow Gwydion in case i can be of help

"Cinys, with me"

Gwydion

Gwydion briefly considers breaking his concentration in hopes of interrogating the fallen Elf before defaulting to caution over opportunity. He maintains the smoky tendrils lest his prove to be only feigning incapacitation.