In-Character 4 Predator and Prey

((double post))

Miska goes to Kerrick and investigates the wound before attempting to stablize teh wound.

"you make Thor proud of your efforts Kerrick, i will invoke his blessing upon you to favor your strong arm"

Will you be applying a poultice, or channeling the might of Thor through your hands?

(Healing Proficiency + Comfrey poultice = 1d3 hp, Lay on Hands = 2 hp)

From his slightly precarious perch, Gwydion hears a sound like the muffled splitting of a head of lettuce, then silence.

As Gwydion holds his concentration a few moments more, trying to be certain the elf is not engaged in deception, he feels the elf's throat collapse under the necromantic grip of the spell.

A head suddenly pops out of the window beside him. Hengist leans out, spotting Gwydion, then looking around for the missing elf. Following the enchanter's gaze, Hengist leans out, his bloddied and bleeding hands and arms braced on the sill of the open window to look over the palisade at the ground below. Sprawled in the ditch at the foot of the wall lies the missing elf, a backpack and it's contents strewn across the ground beside him. The elf's left leg is bent back at an unnatural angle, and his eyes bulge from their sockets, staring and glassy. The elf is unmoving.

A call comes from down and to Gwydion's right, as Masov and Kaul reach the rear of the cottage, standing on the ground near where the palisade passes behind the building. Gwydion appears unharmed to them, if a little precariously perched.

Hengist

"If no one else is on it it I'll check out that pack."

Kerrick Helmsworth

Kerrick nods in thanks to Miska, but does not speak, as he is concentrating on retaining consciousness and not bleeding to death.

Gwydion

Gwydion collects himself and makes his way as safely as possible to assist Hengist.

Healing proficency and comfrey

Over the next few minutes, Miska has Kerrick remain still and sitting. The cleric withdraws a small bundle of dried herbs from his backpack, crushing them into a folded strip of cloth. He then wets the preparation and applies it with considerable pressure to the wound in Kerrick's abdomen...

Kerrick heals 3hp

...the poultice stings, and the pressure sets off a sharp pain, causing Kerrick to draw a short breath. After several minutes, the pains eases, and a warm, numb sensation settles into the wound.

Kerrick Helmsworth

With bleeding to death in the near future much less likely, Kerrick stretches a little to test the limits of the bandage, then nods to himself.

“My thanks, Miska.”

He will then begin to search the room, including the corpses of the elves lying on the floor.

Andrew

“I suppose we should try and keep the Elf alive to interrogate. And the spirits would probably be pretty upset if I wasted all their training.” Andrew says as he checks upon the elf, trying to keep him from dying if at all possible.

There is only the body of the elf Kerrick stabbed with his spear; when Kerrick turns, the others are not there. The gaunt elves seem to have vanished as they were dispatched.

Andrew slips past Miska as he tends to Kerrick, checking the prone form of the elf the paladin defeated...

[quote="Andrew"] "I suppose we should try and keep the Elf alive to interrogate. And the spirits would probably be pretty upset if I wasted all their training." Andrew says as he checks upon the elf, trying to keep him from dying if at all possible. [/quote]

...amazingly, the elf yet has breath in his body. His wounds are severe, and he is unlikely to survive without further healing within the day. Even then, the elf is unlikely to make a full recovery, but should be able to talk.

After Miska finishes with his ministrations, Kerrick kneels beside Andrew and begins searching the elf, poking and prodding him, much to Andrew's frustration. The search yields little: a beltpouch containing a bloodstone worth some 50gp, and 5pp (such coins are not minted in Blackmarsh, and look to have come from the Greywoods). As Kerrick upends it, a folded parchment also falls free. It appears to be a rough, hand-drawn map of the town, with a number of curious markings on it that might be in elvish.

Kerrick also notices that the chain armor shows no sign of the rent cut by his spear, but appears untarnished and whole.

With Gwydion's help and a bedsheet, Hengist clambers down and retrieves the pack. Inside is a battle-scarred leather tome, a small box made of ebony wood, and an assortment of gear not unlike what resides in each of your packs: torches, flint and tinder, oil, a blanket, and rations...

The fallen elf also wore gleaming scale armor, and carried a gracefully-curved longsword of elvish origin. Lying on the ground beside him is a composite bow, and a quiver, its arrows mostly spilled on the ground.

Hengist

I'll take the tome and box to show to... someone, probably Kaul first unless anyone else asks.  I'm curious, but not curious enough after that glass globe trap to open elvish boxes.  The sword, quiver of arrows and composite bow get gathered up and belted on myself until someone says something about it.  (My own short bow goes to Dagmar when I'm back if she's not already carrying it.)  Lastly I'll check the body for coins, gems or jewelry while unceremoniously pulling off the scale armor for bundling before climbing back up.

Masov

...will toss up a rope to whomever seems to want it most, as he has one, and will assist in pulling the body over, as that's what it sounds like we're doing. He will also make a mental note to ask a mage about a "Float Corpse" spell.

Hengist will indeed oblige by tying the rope around the ankles of the dead elf.  In no way does he pause slightly, rope end in hand, while considering which end of the elf to tie the rope to.  I also hand the book to Gwydion once I'm back myself, still trying to palm the box off on Kaul.

Kaul

ill take the box and start to examine it, carefully in case it has any trap like the puzzlebox before. 

"ill take a look at this"

GWYDION

“Hengist, let us hide the body inside the cottage. Perhaps the others can pass us a rope. May I examine the book?”

If Hengist assents, Gwydion takes the book with great care and examines it for any obvious signs of a trap.