Layout preview responses

Is it too late to point out errors in the latyout preview?

"At 1st level (Innocent), a chosen begins with three gifts. With each level of experienced gained thereafter, the number of gifts bestowed upon by the chosen increases, as shown on the Chosen Level Progression table."

That table does not list the number of gifts bestowed upon the chosen.

Not too late at all! Please alert me of any / all errors.

I put it in a different thread but I'll repost. The proficiency table mentions bonus proficiencies. But the table doesn't reflect when you get them.

In the monster section the Cave Kraken pg162 breaks up the tables for the cacodemon

Page 68 your example grey boxed text is shifted down too far.

page 72 the healing proficiencies box under title the first line is  "/Day" I'm assuming that was supposed to go by patients/day so it's down one line too far.

One question on the Cacodemon I noticed they have save as fighter level 16-20 how is this done as the save tables stop at 14?

The non-HFH rituals listed aren't shaded?

Best guesses of the non-obvious ones?:

Cancellation - white
Commune - white, or shaded by contacted god's alignment? (Prophetic Dream is white though...)
Permanancy - white
Regeneration? - black by type (death)
Resurrection? - black by type (death)
Miracle - white, or by usage? (same with a theoretical 10th level Wish?)

Regeneration and Resurrection are healing-type effects (as in I mean, they are listed under Healing, not just that they heal people), so that would be White by default.

On the topic of death: Death Targeting Notes, page 210:

Says that the PC lists x0.25, the PC actually lists x0.35
Says correct is “0.x75” instead of “x0.75”

[quote="Aryxymaraki"]
Regeneration? - black by type (death)
Resurrection? - black by type (death)
Regeneration and Resurrection are healing-type effects (as in I mean, they are listed under Healing, not just that they heal people), so that would be White by default. On the topic of death: Death Targeting Notes, page 210: Says that the PC lists x0.25, the PC actually lists x0.35 Says correct is "0.x75" instead of "x0.75" [/quote]

You are correct; I was thrown off, however, by the fact they're both superscripted "dth" for Death in the table on page 124, and I don't think either escape the Death/Black category by any of the definitions on the indentification lists. Neither are such in ACKS/ACKSPC, so, dunno if it's a willful change or what.

Black spell list the Deathless minion is itallics and not bolded and on page 134 it's listed as Arcane 2, instead of Eldritch 2 (Black).

Thanks, everyone, for this great feedback. It's all been submitted to the layout artist.

Comments:

Beastmaster has 890000xp for level 13, should be 790000, then 910000 for level 14 p.17

Thanks. Good catch!

Chosen gift Magical Proficiency specifies Collegiate Proficiency, should be Collegiate Wizardry p.25

Thanks. Good catch!

Ecclesiastic has 160000xp for level 9, should be 180000, affects all higher levels p.28

Another good catch!

Ecclesiastic incorrectly gets +1 to Pet/Par saves like elves do with Connection to Nature p.30

Gremlins. Gremlins are at work here. We'll fix.

Ecclesiastic save table doesn't have Spells save column p.30

A formatting error by the layout designer "chopped off" the right-hand column of almost every table in the book. We'll fix!

Elven Spellsingers can't have six weapons with only Fighting 0, and can't select swords, short swords, composite bows, long bows without 2x Martial Training p.31

Elven Spellsinger buys 3 custom powers, but only specifies 2 - Martial Training? p.32

Elven Spellsinger's third class power was used to purchase additional weapon proficiencies. None of the options presented by martial training fit what I wanted for the class - for instance "Bows" included Arbalests and Crossbows. Hence I made up a new option "elven weapons". 

Freebooter has Cleric save table, should be Thief p.36

Damn Freebooters snuck that past me. We'll fix.

Halfling Bounder specifies a new power called Bounding March that needs to be on the Halfling Skills list p.37

I had thought of it as simply a re-skinned Running, which is on the Halfling Skills list already. But unlike Running, it's not limited to Chainmail or lighter. I could either add that option in; or I could add Combat Reflexes ("nervous watchfulness") to the Halfling Skills and leave Bounding Movement as a custom power to the class. Community thoughts?

Halfling Burglar has 35000xp for level 7, should be 40000, affects all higher levels p.39

Since it was right at the edge, I deliberately smoothed it to 35,000 instead of 40,000 to maintain their slight edge in XP progression over the thief. But that's not really necessary; I'll change to avoid the grognards grumbling that I don't follow my own rules. 

Halfling Burglar takes 45000xp from level 8 to 9, should be 75000, also affects level 10 p.39

Thanks. Great catch.

Halfling Burglar Skills table goes to level 14, should stop at 10 p.39

This was an inexcusable error on my part. Imagine thinking I'd ever allow Halflings to reach level 14. We'll fix.

Loremaster cannot select Read Languages with Thief value 0 p.40

Nobiran Wizard (Lore) cannot select Read Languages with Thief value 0 p.48

This is deliberate. In Heroic Fantasy Handbook the new thief-like classes (Freebooter, Burglar) shift away from Read Languages as a thief skill and it made sense to make it available as a class power, in the way that I made e.g. Eavesdropping and Climbing available.

Nobiran Wizard has 450000xp at level 10, should be 550000, affects all higher levels p.49

Nobirans think they can get away with anything just because they have good stats. I'll fix. 

Nobiran Wizard (Nature) has a unique variant of Martial Training proficiency p.49

Nah. It's just Martial Training proficiency option 4, "swords/daggers". He already knows how to use daggers, so I didn't repeat it.

Thrassian Deathchanter should have 1 level 4 spell from level 13 p. 57

This was another formatting error where the right-hand column get deleted. We'll fix all these.

Zaharan Darklord has 30 class proficiencies, but should have 31 p.66

You are right. I erroneously noted 12th as the class's max level because of the Dread Shadow power, but actually that's an After the Flesh level. We'll add Alchemy to the class list. 

Zaharan Darklord says costs 4000xp for after the flesh, but should cost 4500

Great catch - 6-7 build points makes it 4,500 XP. We'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer (Necromancy) Secrets of the Dark Arts power text names the Occultist p.67

Who can understand the mysteries of the occult. We'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer has 340000xp at level 9, should be 370000, affects all higher levels p.67

Thank you, we'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer (Summoning) level 5 is E3 Conjure Lesser Elemental spell, which doesn't exist! (I made one up!) p.68

That spell was removed to focus on cacodemon conjuration. Correct text:

"5th level: The summoner has made pacts with the demonic powers. The character can cast conjure hellion (as the spell) once per day. The casting time is 10 seconds (1 round)."

Ecclesiastic is missing from the Liturgical row on the Ceremonial tradition table p.107

Unruly atheists must have deleted him. We'll fix.

Hypnotic Pattern is level 3 (Grey), should be level 2 like the arcane version p.122

Hmmm. My master spreadsheet has Hypnotic Pattern costing 28.8. It was 2nd level in the game but was a "boosted" spell like Sleep and Fireball. 
All of the "boosted" spells were re-tooled or moved to their appropriate level in HFH. What formula are you using? Did I make an error in my initial calculations? It definitely ought be level 3 for HFH purposes...

Invisibility spell is Eldritch 4 (Grey), should be Eldritch 3, since design cost is 30.375 p.122

I calculate cost as 32.9. In any case, the "Source Modifier Factor: Eldritch inaudibility or invisibility x1.5" was set specifically to make sure Invisibility was 4th level for HF, since it's so powerful relatively speaking. 

Knock on White spell list is bold, without a Heroic update p.123

Wizard Lock on White spell list is bold, without a Heroic update p.123

In an earlier draft there were modified versions of these spells that tied into thief skills, but these rules didn't make the final cut. We'll fix.

Ritual table doesn't state shade for spell entries p.124 (already mentioned in thread)

No, it doesn't. I don't really think it needs to. Breaking up the ritual spell list will take up space to little playable gain.

Bane-rune header states it's a grey spell, but it appears on the White list p.125

Thanks, good catch.

Endless Slumber is level 3 in header, but on level 4 Black spell list, and level 4 in design. p.135

Thanks, another good catch.

Warmistress design misses listing the level 11 power traded for p.206

Warmistress has another iteration of death-dealing dance at level 11. You're right that this is missing in the class description.

Capsizing Wave design uses an undocumented Effect knocked overboard (20) p.208

Dark Whisper design has attack throw required as 0.75 should be 0.35 p.210

Dark Whisper saving throw avoids effect as 1, should be 0.5, cost becomes 5.95, so becomes level 1 p.210

Slicing Blow design has attack throw required to hit target (x0.75), should be x0.35, cost becomes 4.37 p.210

Soul Eating design has x0.75 for Death attack throw required, should be x0.35, cost becomes 39.3, so becomes level 4 p.210

There is errata introduced in Heroic Fantasy Handbook. Attack throw is supposed to cost x0.75. x0.35 was erroneous in PC.

Noiselessness design has duration concentration plus 3 rounds (x1), should be x1.3 yet total cost is correct p.213

I tried to tell the layout artist about this error, but he wouldn't hear me. Ba-dump bump. Ok, ok, we'll fix.

Avian Messenger design specifies two undocumented Transmogrification effects p.214

"Current form gains ability to speak" needs to be italicized. Since these were in the Summoning section they got left off the Transmogrification effects. 

Bane-rune design omits Range factor of x0.6, cost becomes 6.3 p.216

Thanks, we'll fix.

Body Swap design has Range Touch cost x0.5, should cost x0.6, total spell cost 70.9 p.216

Good catch. I'll fix, but leave it at 6th level as a "boosted" spell since it's flavorful (and hard to use).

Ice Floe design has Affected as wood costing x0.5, should be x0.4, cost becomes 6 p.218

Ice Sheet design has Affected as wood costing x0.5, should be x0.4, cost becomes 31.575 p.218

Good catches. However, I calculate Ice Sheet as 41.57, not 31.57, leaving it still 5th level. 

Weave Wood design at cost 30.3 is level 4, should be level 3. p.218

Meh. I wanted all the "Weave" spells to have 60' range. Weave Wood needs to be 4th level to fit into the correct "flow" of when various elemental spells are unlocked at each level. I figured 30.3 was right at the margin. I'll change it to 120' to satisfy you rules-lawyers!

Weave Stone design has 750 square feet worth x0.75, should be x1, cost becomes 47.157 p.218

Spell needs to stay the same level so we'll adjust to 500 square feet worth x0.75. Thanks!

That's a lot to dump at once, so I've only listed each item as one line. If any of them need more elaboration, I can provide that.

I haven't checked all the spell designs yet - I've still to go through Blast, Protection, Summoning and Transmogtification.

I'll look forward to any further issues you discover.

I've got a similarly-sized list of erratta for the Player's Companion. That's been out a while, but I haven't seen a published erratta list for that, so I could dump that too, but in a different thread. Many of these Heroic Fantasy erratta depend on rules in the Player's Companion and Axioms 1, so if any of those are corrected, some of the above may no longer apply.

This has been invaluable. Thank you very much for taking so much time and energy to check this material. Your attention to detail has been incredibly impressive. 

Thanks, that's really good feedback. I will have to go through all of that line by line.

Bear-totem berserkers gain Berserkergang as their totam proficiency… but they already have it via lesser berserkergang, unless I’m missing something. Likewise, berserkergang is on their proficiency list and in the template.

Chosen, Courage description, would use “shrink” instad of “shirk”, since shirk is transitive.

Chosen, Eldritch Talent, “by the spells’ level” should be “spell’s”.

Lion-Hearted is a neat ability, and Military Genius is nuts.

“sworn foe must have at least equal HD or levels than the chosen” - “than then chosen” should be “to the chosen’s”, and even that’s an awkward construction.

“an ecclesiastics can rally the faithful” - should be singular, or drop the “an”. In that same paragraph, “To benefit from this spell…”, but it is not a spell.

“Path of Ruffian” and related are… kind of painful to read. Path of the Ruffian, maybe? Also true of College of Armiger vs College of the Armiger, College of Armigers, or any number of reasonable alternatives.

Placate is hilarious.

Bounding March / encumbrance clarification - I don’t have the Core book at hand at the moment, but it seems like this raises their overland movement rate without boosting their encounter movement rate (if yes, why is the encounter movement rate listed?). Presumably encumbrance also reduces this boosted overland movement rate at 24 / 18 / 12 / 6 miles per day?

I can answer this. Near the beginning of the greater berserkergang class power description is the following:

“A berserker who selects ranks of the Berserkergang proficiency increases the number of times per day he can enter greater berserkergang by one per rank.”

ARRRGH I accidentally did my post IN ClusterKings post. Sorry.  ANYWAY - see below.

Comments:

Beastmaster has 890000xp for level 13, should be 790000, then 910000 for level 14 p.17

Thanks. Good catch!

Chosen gift Magical Proficiency specifies Collegiate Proficiency, should be Collegiate Wizardry p.25

Thanks. Good catch!

Ecclesiastic has 160000xp for level 9, should be 180000, affects all higher levels p.28

Another good catch!

Ecclesiastic incorrectly gets +1 to Pet/Par saves like elves do with Connection to Nature p.30

Gremlins. Gremlins are at work here. We'll fix.

Ecclesiastic save table doesn't have Spells save column p.30

A formatting error by the layout designer "chopped off" the right-hand column of almost every table in the book. We'll fix!

Elven Spellsingers can't have six weapons with only Fighting 0, and can't select swords, short swords, composite bows, long bows without 2x Martial Training p.31

Elven Spellsinger buys 3 custom powers, but only specifies 2 - Martial Training? p.32

Elven Spellsinger's third class power was used to purchase additional weapon proficiencies. None of the options presented by martial training fit what I wanted for the class - for instance "Bows" included Arbalests and Crossbows. Hence I made up a new option "elven weapons". 

Freebooter has Cleric save table, should be Thief p.36

Damn Freebooters snuck that past me. We'll fix.

Halfling Bounder specifies a new power called Bounding March that needs to be on the Halfling Skills list p.37

I had thought of it as simply a re-skinned Running, which is on the Halfling Skills list already. But unlike Running, it's not limited to Chainmail or lighter. I could either add that option in; or I could add Combat Reflexes ("nervous watchfulness") to the Halfling Skills and leave Bounding Movement as a custom power to the class. Community thoughts?

Halfling Burglar has 35000xp for level 7, should be 40000, affects all higher levels p.39

Since it was right at the edge, I deliberately smoothed it to 35,000 instead of 40,000 to maintain their slight edge in XP progression over the thief. But that's not really necessary; I'll change to avoid the grognards grumbling that I don't follow my own rules. 

Halfling Burglar takes 45000xp from level 8 to 9, should be 75000, also affects level 10 p.39

Thanks. Great catch.

Halfling Burglar Skills table goes to level 14, should stop at 10 p.39

This was an inexcusable error on my part. Imagine thinking I'd ever allow Halflings to reach level 14. We'll fix.

Loremaster cannot select Read Languages with Thief value 0 p.40

Nobiran Wizard (Lore) cannot select Read Languages with Thief value 0 p.48

This is deliberate. In Heroic Fantasy Handbook the new thief-like classes (Freebooter, Burglar) shift away from Read Languages as a thief skill and it made sense to make it available as a class power, in the way that I made e.g. Eavesdropping and Climbing available.

Nobiran Wizard has 450000xp at level 10, should be 550000, affects all higher levels p.49

Nobirans think they can get away with anything just because they have good stats. I'll fix. 

Nobiran Wizard (Nature) has a unique variant of Martial Training proficiency p.49

Nah. It's just Martial Training proficiency option 4, "swords/daggers". He already knows how to use daggers, so I didn't repeat it.

Thrassian Deathchanter should have 1 level 4 spell from level 13 p. 57

This was another formatting error where the right-hand column get deleted. We'll fix all these.

Zaharan Darklord has 30 class proficiencies, but should have 31 p.66

You are right. I erroneously noted 12th as the class's max level because of the Dread Shadow power, but actually that's an After the Flesh level. We'll add Alchemy to the class list. 

Zaharan Darklord says costs 4000xp for after the flesh, but should cost 4500

Great catch - 6-7 build points makes it 4,500 XP. We'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer (Necromancy) Secrets of the Dark Arts power text names the Occultist p.67

Who can understand the mysteries of the occult. We'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer has 340000xp at level 9, should be 370000, affects all higher levels p.67

Thank you, we'll fix.

Zaharan Sorcerer (Summoning) level 5 is E3 Conjure Lesser Elemental spell, which doesn't exist! (I made one up!) p.68

That spell was removed to focus on cacodemon conjuration. Correct text:

"5th level: The summoner has made pacts with the demonic powers. The character can cast conjure hellion (as the spell) once per day. The casting time is 10 seconds (1 round)."

Ecclesiastic is missing from the Liturgical row on the Ceremonial tradition table p.107

Unruly atheists must have deleted him. We'll fix.

Hypnotic Pattern is level 3 (Grey), should be level 2 like the arcane version p.122

Hmmm. My master spreadsheet has Hypnotic Pattern costing 28.8. It was 2nd level in the game but was a "boosted" spell like Sleep and Fireball. 
All of the "boosted" spells were re-tooled or moved to their appropriate level in HFH. What formula are you using? Did I make an error in my initial calculations? It definitely ought be level 3 for HFH purposes...

Invisibility spell is Eldritch 4 (Grey), should be Eldritch 3, since design cost is 30.375 p.122

I calculate cost as 32.9. In any case, the "Source Modifier Factor: Eldritch inaudibility or invisibility x1.5" was set specifically to make sure Invisibility was 4th level for HF, since it's so powerful relatively speaking. 

Knock on White spell list is bold, without a Heroic update p.123

Wizard Lock on White spell list is bold, without a Heroic update p.123

In an earlier draft there were modified versions of these spells that tied into thief skills, but these rules didn't make the final cut. We'll fix.

Ritual table doesn't state shade for spell entries p.124 (already mentioned in thread)

No, it doesn't. I don't really think it needs to. Breaking up the ritual spell list will take up space to little playable gain.

Bane-rune header states it's a grey spell, but it appears on the White list p.125

Thanks, good catch.

Endless Slumber is level 3 in header, but on level 4 Black spell list, and level 4 in design. p.135

Thanks, another good catch.

Warmistress design misses listing the level 11 power traded for p.206

Warmistress has another iteration of death-dealing dance at level 11. You're right that this is missing in the class description.

Capsizing Wave design uses an undocumented Effect knocked overboard (20) p.208

Dark Whisper design has attack throw required as 0.75 should be 0.35 p.210

Dark Whisper saving throw avoids effect as 1, should be 0.5, cost becomes 5.95, so becomes level 1 p.210

Slicing Blow design has attack throw required to hit target (x0.75), should be x0.35, cost becomes 4.37 p.210

Soul Eating design has x0.75 for Death attack throw required, should be x0.35, cost becomes 39.3, so becomes level 4 p.210

There is errata introduced in Heroic Fantasy Handbook. Attack throw is supposed to cost x0.75. x0.35 was erroneous in PC.

Noiselessness design has duration concentration plus 3 rounds (x1), should be x1.3 yet total cost is correct p.213

I tried to tell the layout artist about this error, but he wouldn't hear me. Ba-dump bump. Ok, ok, we'll fix.

Avian Messenger design specifies two undocumented Transmogrification effects p.214

"Current form gains ability to speak" needs to be italicized. Since these were in the Summoning section they got left off the Transmogrification effects. 

Bane-rune design omits Range factor of x0.6, cost becomes 6.3 p.216

Thanks, we'll fix.

Body Swap design has Range Touch cost x0.5, should cost x0.6, total spell cost 70.9 p.216

Good catch. I'll fix, but leave it at 6th level as a "boosted" spell since it's flavorful (and hard to use).

Ice Floe design has Affected as wood costing x0.5, should be x0.4, cost becomes 6 p.218

Ice Sheet design has Affected as wood costing x0.5, should be x0.4, cost becomes 31.575 p.218

Good catches. However, I calculate Ice Sheet as 41.57, not 31.57, leaving it still 5th level. 

Weave Wood design at cost 30.3 is level 4, should be level 3. p.218

Meh. I wanted all the "Weave" spells to have 60' range. Weave Wood needs to be 4th level to fit into the correct "flow" of when various elemental spells are unlocked at each level. I figured 30.3 was right at the margin. I'll change it to 120' to satisfy you rules-lawyers!

Weave Stone design has 750 square feet worth x0.75, should be x1, cost becomes 47.157 p.218

Spell needs to stay the same level so we'll adjust to 500 square feet worth x0.75. Thanks!

That's a lot to dump at once, so I've only listed each item as one line. If any of them need more elaboration, I can provide that.

I haven't checked all the spell designs yet - I've still to go through Blast, Protection, Summoning and Transmogtification.

I'll look forward to any further issues you discover.

I've got a similarly-sized list of erratta for the Player's Companion. That's been out a while, but I haven't seen a published erratta list for that, so I could dump that too, but in a different thread. Many of these Heroic Fantasy erratta depend on rules in the Player's Companion and Axioms 1, so if any of those are corrected, some of the above may no longer apply.

This has been invaluable. Thank you very much for taking so much time and energy to check this material. Your attention to detail has been incredibly impressive. 

Bear-totem berserkers gain Berserkergang as their totam proficiency... but they already have it via lesser berserkergang, unless I'm missing something. Likewise, berserkergang is on their proficiency list and in the template.

It gives you more uses of greater berserkergang per day if you select it.

Chosen, Eldritch Talent, "by the spells' level" should be "spell's". 

Thank you, good catch.

"sworn foe must have at least equal HD or levels than the chosen" - "than then chosen" should be "to the chosen's", and even that's an awkward construction. "an ecclesiastics can rally the faithful" - should be singular, or drop the "an".

In that same paragraph, "To benefit from this spell...", but it is not a spell.

Good catch.

"Path of Ruffian" and related are... kind of painful to read. Path of the Ruffian, maybe? Also true of College of Armiger vs College of the Armiger, College of Armigers, or any number of reasonable alternatives.

These are all being revised to "Path of the Ruffian" and so on.

Placate is hilarious.

Thank you! I thought so too.

OK, I'm definitely losing track of my own iterative design. Weave spells already had their ranges adjusted to 120' in the text. But it didn't get reflected in the spell descriptions. I think I have it sorted. Please review:

Weave Metal (6): Wall, substance is impermeable to creatures (25), substance is impermeable to vision and light (10), affected as iron by physical and magical effects (x0.8),wall may be readily shaped by reducing area (x1), wall may be bonded to surrounding area (x1.2), wall must be solidly supported (x0.75), elemental – earth (x1), target 1,000 square feet (x1.25), 1” thick (x0.75), may not be evoked where objects/creatures are (x1), spell manipulates existing volume with noted characteristics (x0.67), range 120’ (x1), duration indefinite (x2.66), no saving throw (x1), eldritch (x1.5), total cost 63.1

Weave Smoke (1): Wall, impermeable to vision and light (10), affected by physical and magical effects as smoke (x0.9), wall may readily shaped by reducing area (x1), elemental – air (x1), target 1,000 square feet (x1.25), 1’ thick (x1), may not be evoked where objects/creatures are (x1), spell manipulates existing volume with noted characteristics (x0.67), range 120’ (x1), duration 1 turns (x0.75), no saving throw (x1), eldritch (x1.5), total cost 8.5

Weave Stone (5): Wall, substance is impermeable to creatures (25), substance is impermeable to vision and light (10), affected as stone by physical and magical effects (x0.7), wall may be readily shaped by reducing area (x1), wall may be bonded to surrounding area (x1.2), wall must be solidly supported (x0.75),  elemental – earth (x1), target 500 square feet (x0.75), 1’ thick (x1), may not be evoked where objects/creatures are (x1), spell manipulates existing volume with noted characteristics (x0.67), range 120’ (x1), duration indefinite (x2.66), no saving throw (x1), eldritch (x1.5), total cost 44.2

Weave Water (4): Wall, substance deals 1d6 damage to creatures that pass through (10), impermeable to creatures with less than 4 HD (20), impermeable to vision (5), not affected by physical and magical effects (x1), wall may be readily shaped by reducing area (x1), wall may be bonded to surrounding area (x1.2), wall must be solidly supported (x0.75), is elemental – water (x1), target 1,200 square feet (x1.5), 1” thick (x0.75), may not be evoked where objects/creatures are (x1), spell manipulates existing volume with noted characteristics (x0.67), range 120’ (x1), duration 2 turns (x1), no saving throw (x1), eldritch (x1.5), total cost 35.6

Weave Wood (4): Wall, substance is impermeable to creatures (25), substance is impermeable to vision and light (10), affected as wood by physical and magical effects (x0.4), wall may be readily shaped by reducing area (x1), wall may be bonded to surrounding area (x1.2), wall must be solidly supported (x0.75),  is elemental – earth (x1), target 1,200 square feet (x1.5), 1” thick (x0.75), may not be evoked where objects/creatures are (x1), spell manipulates existing volume with noted characteristics (x0.67), range 120’ (x1), duration indefinite (x2.66), no saving throw (x1), eldritch (x1.5), total cost 37.9

Bounding March / encumbrance clarification - I don't have the Core book at hand at the moment, but it seems like this raises their overland movement rate without boosting their encounter movement rate (if yes, why is the encounter movement rate listed?). Presumably encumbrance also reduces this boosted overland movement rate at 24 / 18 / 12 / 6 miles per day?

The intent of this power was just to make it clear that they got 120' movement and thus 24 miles per day wilderness movement. 

Elaborating, as promised.

me >Nobiran Wizard (Nature) has a unique variant of Martial Training proficiency p.49

alex >Nah. It's just Martial Training proficiency option 4, "swords/daggers". He already knows how to use daggers, so I didn't repeat it.

No, that's the one from Nobiran Wizard (Fellowship). Nobiran Wizard (Nature) adds short bows, short swords, and spears, which is a new one!

me >Hypnotic Pattern is level 3 (Grey), should be level 2 like the arcane version p.122

alex >Hmmm. My master spreadsheet has Hypnotic Pattern costing 28.8. It was 2nd level in the game but was a "boosted" spell like Sleep and Fireball.

alex >All of the "boosted" spells were re-tooled or moved to their appropriate level in HFH. What formula are you using? Did I make an error in my initial calculations? It definitely ought be level 3 for HFH purposes...

Sorry, that one slipped through, and shouldn't have been on my list! You haven't published a design for Hypnotic Pattern, so I can't do checking based on it.

me >Invisibility spell is Eldritch 4 (Grey), should be Eldritch 3, since design cost is 30.375 p.122

alex >I calculate cost as 32.9. In any case, the "Source Modifier Factor: Eldritch inaudibility or invisibility x1.5" was set specifically to make sure Invisibility was 4th level for HF, since it's so powerful relatively speaking.

Invisibility HAS got a published design in the Player's Companion p.119, summing to 20 for arcane (20.25 exactly), which correctly makes level 2.

Applying the eldritch modifier of x1.5 gives 30 (30.375 exactly).

Is your value of 32.9 coming out of that published design from PC, or an eldritch-specific one to boost the level as you want?

alex >There is errata introduced in Heroic Fantasy Handbook. Attack throw is supposed to cost x0.75. x0.35 was erroneous in PC.

I NOW see the note that was ALWAYS there pointing that out on p.210! How did I miss that! (Though it incorrectly mentions x0.25 as the PC value)

me >Ice Sheet design has Affected as wood costing x0.5, should be x0.4, cost becomes 31.575 p.218

alex >Good catches. However, I calculate Ice Sheet as 41.57, not 31.57, leaving it still 5th level.

A typo at my end - that should have been 41.57.

I've reviewed those 120' Weave spells, and they all look correct.