Closest system to use for conversion into ACKS

Hi guys.

I’m about 70% of the way through the core book and have yet to touch my copy of the PC but I’m already excited about running some ACKS games at our local gaming club. I’d also like to run a PBeM campaign on the club forum as I think the system would work well that way.

Anyway, I have a question about converting from other systems into ACKS. I know that it’s fairly straight forward but there are some younger/novice players in our club and I’m trying to promote ACKS to them. Which of these (currently played) systems do you think would be the easiest to convert adventures into ACKS?

Basic Fantasy Role Playing Game
Advanced Edition Fantasy
Labyrinth Lord
OSRIC
Swords & Wizardry

I’m think from the point of view of fastest/easiest to ‘drag ‘n’ drop’ into ACKS to get the members up and running ASAP. This question came about after a couple of GMs said they regularly use the generators at Wizardawn (http://wizardawn.com/rpg/index.php) to help them prep stuff for the club game sessions. Any/all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hey! That wizarddawn.com is a pretty neat site!

I’m no expert, but I’ve found that Labyrinth Lord stuff is pretty easy to use with ACKs, and it wouldn’t surprise me if Swords & Wizardry resources worked well, also.

I use any/all of the above and convert almost on the fly.

Laybrinth Lord is the easiest, as that was the retro-clone that ACKS built itself from. (You’ll find similar language for some rules between the two games).

Basic Fantasy & Swords Wizardry are next. OSRIC is the hardest but still quite doable. I use AD&D/OSRIC modules all the time with ACKS.

Thanks for the info, I shall pass it all along and hopefully it will remove any reluctance or reticence on their part due to having ‘already written it up for LL, etc.’ and we can get on with the serious business of having fun!

Essentially any version of TSR D&D or its derivatives are compatible and can be converted on the fly quite easily in the majority of cases. And that’s A LOT of material when you consider everything that’s been put out in the last 40 years.