Elven Ranger Feedback

In general I dig the Elven Ranger. I’m a bit surprised at some of what they give up however. It seems as though they aren’t that good at being tracker/explorers…at least not as good as their human compatriots.
They don’t have a bonus to avoid getting lost or avoiding wilderness encounters. Was this intentional or an oversight?
I realize they gain pass without trace and friends of birds and beasts, but they also have a weaker version of experience and hardiness (which only works on animals vs the human version which works on everyone).
They then get the few elven racials. To pay for this, they give up a level and pay 1.1375% of the exp that humans pay.
My gut tells me that for the extra xp and loss of a level, they should have all the normal explorer abilities and their new goodies.

They don’t have a bonus to avoid getting lost or avoiding wilderness encounters. Was this intentional or an oversight?
APM: That was intentional. The idea was that explorers focus on exploration of foreign areas, so they learn to avoid getting lost and ducking enemies. Rangers tend to defend existing elven realms, so they don’t specialize in avoiding foes or navigating through new areas.
I personally think that pass without trace & friends of birds and beasts are more powerful abilities than those the explorer gets, but if in the course of playtesting the ranger turns out to be weak we can of course adjust.

Need to fix the “Hit Dice” descriptor for the Elven Ranger - it shows 1d4 and the advancement table shows 1d6. Found this on the v5 version.

I noticed this too. I about had a panic attack when I saw the 1d4. Then I saw the 1d6 in the table below. What version of the companion are they now? Is it close to final?
Thanks!