ERRATA

Does the current PDF got incorporate the errata? And if I bought it can I redownload it?

Warder

I had a DM once who did not quite know what mules were (I guess he thought they were synonymous with donkeys), so when we went to go buy one, we had to go bargain with the town’s mule rancher, who only owned mules… it was quite amusing.

The current PDF fixes a lot of the errata, but it's not up-to-date with the second set of errata we identified. It's currently available on DriveThruRPG, so if you downloaded it from there, download it again and it'll be updated.

What about the poison listing on the Medusa’s damage? Is that erroneous, or is there supposed to be a Save vs. Poison to avoid some effect from her snakebite?

I’ve cross-posted this into the D@W Kickstarter thread, too.

What about the possibility of incorporating D@W Starter into the errata’ed reprint of the ACKS Core Rulebook? Personally, this would make the book more or less the ultimate power in the uni- uh…I mean, perfect clone game. Quite frankly, for me it would likely surpass any and all versions of the original DNA donor at that point. It also seems like it would be pretty doable, adding less than a dozen pages.

I can’t really see this cannibalizing any D@W sales, either, seeing as the D@W Starter .pdf is already freely available.

Maybe as a stretch goal for the D@W Kickstarter?

Bobloblah, I'm going to discuss it with our graphic designers and printer. If we can do it without having to re-do the book and upgrade to a more expensive page count, it might happen!

Any word on this? Will D@W Starter make it into the 2nd printing of the ACKS Core book (please, please, please)?

Also, just to add to the errata, certain Undead list different immunities, notably:

Skeleton doesn’t list either Poison or Hold
Wight doesn’t list Poison
Wraith doesn’t list Poison

Here's one I noticed. Under the Endurance Proficiency (p60) it says you don't need to rest after six rounds of fighting. Under the Resting subheading on p92, it says you have to rest after five rounds. Presumably one is wrong and the other right, so which one?

Under normal circumstances, characters must rest for one turn (not round) out of every six. A turn is ten minutes of time spent exploring, so the rule on page 92 is just saying that 10 minutes out of every hour need to be spent taking it easy, or fatigue becomes a factor.

The Endurance Proficiency on page 60 eliminates that need, allowing a character to continue exploring without such breaks.

There’s no contradiction here.

Ah, this is what I get for skimming the dungeon section (because my game doesn't have any dungeons in it).

On the other hand, I am thinking about having fatigue in combat, something like as many rounds as your HD with your Constitution bonus/penalty applied as increments applying -1 to hit and reduction of one movement category until you rest.

I’d suggest adapting the rules for running on ACKS 101-

“Combatants are allowed to run a number of rounds equal
to 2 times the character’s Constitution, after which they are
exhausted and may only walk (at the normal combat rate).”

It further states to let monsters without a given constitution score run for 24 rounds. I’d say you’re onto something with HD there, for tougher monsters, you could make it double HD.

Those might be a good guideline for you, but I think you’ll find combat deadly enough that this won’t come up very often. I’d also let characters with Endurance completely ignore this rule.

That is very harsh, some level 1 and 2 PCs would be continuously fatigued… for every combat. And the majority of level 1 and 2 PCs would be fatigued in every combat. I think PCs are fragile enough without endurance death spirals.

Oh and on the topic of errata is there an updated errata doc?

Zaharan Ruinguard, Page 54.

The Ruinguard’s saving throw vs. Poison and Death is incorrect. It should be 12+ at first level, not 14+, and should decrease by 1 until (correctly on the chart) 5+ at levels 11-12.

Whoops. The above is (obviously), errata for the Player’s Companion.

Sorry to dredge this up, but I was using the new softcover while building a dungeon, and I noticed some errata I’d posted in this thread didn’t appear to make it in. I’m guessing that this means said errata won’t make it into the hardcover reprint either?

Certain Undead list different immunities, even though some entries, like the ghoul, mention all undead as having them:

Skeleton doesn’t list either Poison or Hold
Wight doesn’t list Poison
Wraith doesn’t list Poison

I went through after I noticed this, and all the other errata I checked made it in.

Just noticed another one: Zombie is the page footer for every page from the end of the monster section to the end of the book, with the exception of the first page of each section (i.e. Treasure, etc).

We fixed this in the re-print of the re-prints.

/commits hari kari

It might have been due to pagination. We made a decision that no changes would be made that would cause re-pagination. (Not sure. Could be just oversight on my part).

Oh, oka-wait, what? What does that even mean?