Forum Feature Request: ability to ignore some sub-forums

I think it's very cool that people do play-by-post here, and I'm happy that there's enough features to support it.  However, I'm not playing in any of them, and there's enough of them now that they pop up with updates fairly often.  This makes it difficult for me to focus on the new tab and see when something new is posted in the other forums.

I have no idea how much work it would be, but a way for individual users to ignore certain subforums would be greatly apppreciated by me.

I would love such a feature.

I will see what's possible and get back to you.

I would be ok if none of the PbP posts showed up there for anyone.

Anyone playing in a PbP game should be getting notifications of new posts another way.

For now, I've suppressed Sulldawga's PbP game entirely from the New Posts page. I'll continue to consider more customizable options.

[quote="koewn-admin"]

For now, I've suppressed Sulldawga's PbP game entirely from the New Posts page. I'll continue to consider more customizable options.

[/quote]

This is great news for me specifically, so it's only appropriate for me to assume everyone is happy about these changes :-P

Don't worry, Jard.  I'll be sure to PM you personally every time a new post is created.  Don't want you to miss anything!  

:)

Mark as read feature, Mark as read feature..... NEED

[quote="Layander"]

Mark as read feature, Mark as read feature..... NEED

[/quote]

Mark an entire forum/subforum as read, or?

Yes, after I read what I am actually interested in I have topics that I have to click through to remove the star so I don't think I have something important to read.I want a button that when I click it everything is showing as read, I know I am caught up.

There's a dropdown menu that does that. In the forum view, marked -Forum Tools- one of them is mark all threads as read.

[quote="susan_brindle"]

There's a dropdown menu that does that. In the forum view, marked -Forum Tools- one of them is mark all threads as read.

[/quote]

I have looked everywhere. I can not see this option.

Thanks I'd never seen that dropdown. Useful to know it is there.

It only seems to apply to the one forum you are viewing where the tool is, not all posts in all forums.

As a result it is not visible, AFAICT, on the 'new posts' page - which is where I go most of the time. It would be great - O hardworking website manager - to have that function (mark all as read) on the new posts page - and/or on the front Forum page listing all forums.

AINAA but I'd like to just take this opportunity to say thanks to Keown for his role in stepping up to make the Autarch website/forums an awesome place to be.

Found it!