In-Character 3 A Time to Talk of Many Things

[quote="Kerrick Helmsworth"] "Ara was his wife? I apologize for bearing even more bad news, but she...suffered from the same affliction." Kerrick bows his head for a moment of silence. [/quote]

The man looks horrified, then confused, "She...did? Your pardon, M'lord, but...she seemed untouched by Ned's affliction. She was a simple woman - loved her husband and children, mind - and did not seem as changed as him..."

[quote="Kerrick Helmsworth"] "You say his children were missing? Do you know when they disappeared? Enough tragedy has struck this family already; if it is possible, I would like to be able to at least return his heirs to the family business." [/quote]

The man wipes at his eyes with the rough fabric of his sleeve, sniffling, "Yes...yes. They...left, I suppose...a bit more than a week ago. They were not so young as they couldn't leave, Edmund nearly a man, though none saw them go. It's like the others; gone, and none see them leave," the look in the man's eyes is a haunted one, "but all are left to wonder: who's next?"

He looks to the sun for a moment, then says, "I should best be off, M'lord. My missus would no doubt wish to hear news of Ara. And I'd as soon be behind doors after sunset."

He hesitates for a moment, as if waiting for Kerrick to say something more, then turns and heads back up the street the way he came.

Packing gear and readying yourselves, the party leaves the carpenter's workshop. Moving in standard marching order, the group heads for the small home claimed by the visiting elves...

Will Kerrick be riding?

Please post anything further at the carpenter's workshop here. Otherwise, continue in this thread: http://autarch.co/forums/adventurer-conqueror-king/blackmarsh-sandbox-pbp/character-4-predator-and-prey

Kerrick Helmsworth

Kerrick will ride at a walking pace to stay with the party.

Masov

...grabbed the potions and torc and stones if noone else did; presumptively the box and armor are packed on the horse unless someone presented a better plan.

Kerrick Helmsworth

The horse does not object to carrying a little extra weight.

Don’t forget the furs, please.

On the horse, if Aria didn’t strategically drape them about herself.

Strategically draped!

I'm not even sure what this means, but I like it,