I'm thinking about running an ACKS sandbox PbP game. The ideas behind the game are a work in progress but, right now, I'm planning on:
- PCs begin with 80,000 xp and 100,000 gp. Not quite name level but close.
- The game world is human-centric. No non-human PCs, although opportunities for hiring non-human NPCs as henches may arise. I'm ok with using the custom class rules from the Players' Companion to create human versions of your favorite classes.
- PCs can draw on nearby civilization for selling loot and recruiting henches/hirelings but otherwise nothing interesting happens there.
- There is no "plot". PCs will start with a few rumors and hooks but the name of the game is exploration and hexcrawling, presumably moving into domain building.
- No metagame hints from the Judge. I will give info if it's reasonable that the PC would know it but otherwise the PCs are expected to use sages, proficiencies, Commune spells, trial and error, etc. to learn what they don't know.
- PbP games are, by their nature, slow so I intend to double all XP awarded.
- I need players who can post multiple times per day during the week and once a day on the weekends.
- A game of this nature will involve a fair amount of logistics so I need players willing to do their share to keep things organized.
- I plan on running the game here on the Autarch forums but I reserve the right to move to another site if the forum setup ends up driving me nuts.
My influences for this game include:
- 1e DMG
- Glen Cook's The Black Company novels
- The Gallic Wars by Julius Caesar
- Ben Robbins' West Marches Grand Experiment
- thirdkingdom's excellent Wilderness of Absalom game over on RPG.net
Just looking for interest right now so no character ideas, please. Feel free to link to any PbP games in which you participate(d). Previous PbP experience is not required but gives me an idea of your gaming style.
I make lots of mistakes so I don't expect to hold my players to some ridiculously high standard but I am a big fan of proper spelling and grammar in posts. If that's not your style then this isn't the game for you.