[Interest Check] No Maps For These Territories - new PbP game

Don't forget, for one set of rolls (that you would have to use for your PC), you can change one of those below average rolls to a 9.  That means sets 3 or 5 would have no negative abilities.

I'm going to make a special exception to my "no non-human classes" rule for the Nobiran Wonderworker.  I feel like the added XP requirements are enough of a hindrance that it balances the added powers the class has; also, I feel like a human Wonderworker wouldn't be nearly cool enough for anyone to want to try it.

Religion will be important in this game.  One, the gods will be watching how you use your powers.  If you use them for goals not aligned with the god's portfolio (e.g. worshipping a god of wealth and giving away gold to the poor), things will happen.  You may not like those things.  Also, I will add some more detail as we get underway but there are gods worshipped in the former Empire (your home) and other gods worshipped by the folks who live in the East (where you will be hexcrawling).  There could be tension there.  Someone as recognizable as one of the Empire god's Wonderworkers could add extra tension to these discussions.

The Free City of Ket is the Class I city in the East.  It's about a week's horse ride away from the frontier.  If you go NE from Ket, you'll reach the Northfort. If you go E from Ket, you'll reach the Shining Spire.  If you go SE from Ket, you'll hit Avauntar.  All are the equivalent of Class IV towns.  One will be the base from which you initially venture into the wilderness.  You can buy or rent property in any of these and assume it's safe from burglars and marauders.  You could set up a lab and library there.  The Shining Spire is the home of a guild of mages.  You can use their library and facilities for research but it will cost money if you're a guildmember and cost more money if you're not a member.  If you're a guild member, you will have to do guild tasks from time to time.  An example of a guild task is "Take this map and travel to X.  There you'll find the tomb of Apsa the Necromancer.  Recover Apsa's wand and return it to us.  You may keep anything else you find in the tomb."

Game thread is up.  Let's move commentary to the Character Building Discussion thread therein.

Hmm.  I am thinking of either taking set 4, raising Con from a 6 to a 9 and going Venturer, or taking set 2, raising Con from 5 to 9 and going thief.