Months and Years

Does the Auran Empire have a specific calendar? Solar, lunar? Seven day week? Gregorian calendar with a facelift?
Just curious, since we’ll be keeping track.

Yes, the Auran Empire has a specific calendar.
The calendar actually predates the ACKS system. When creating the calendar, I wanted a calendar that would (1) have months of the same length, (2) have every day of the week always fall on the same date in each month, (3) have the lunar and solar months be of equal length, and (4) keep the 7-day week. That way I always would know for any year and date what day of the week it would be, and what phase of the moon. This is great for tactical-level play - if the adventurers wanted to adventure “on a moonless night” I always knew when that would be. If they wanted to set off “on a holy day for Ammonar” I always knew when that would be.
I made the system work by going with 13 28-day months. The downside is that technically the seasons are each 3 months and 1 week long, rather than being 3 months long. This creates some tension with the season system min ACKS. In using the calendar for ACKS, I resolve this by having domain morale checks every 3 months, with a bonus check on Celebration of Unconquered Dawn, figuring that it’s the major holiday of the year.
I may tweak the system again before final publication of the Auran supplement.

DAYS OF WEEK (WITH RITUAL SIGNIFICANCE)
Nauridras-- Start of journeys
Calefadras-- Funerals, estates
Istreudras-- Day of work
Turadras-- Major court announcements, proclamations of law
Iannadras-- Engagements, duels, declarations of war
Mityaradras-- Marriages
Ammonadras-- Holy day
SOLAR CYCLE
The solar cycle is 365 days long. The solar calendar consists of 13 months of 28 days, totaling 364 days, with 1 independent day at the start of each year for 365 days total.
Celebration of Unconquered Dawn–December 21 / Winter Solstice
Vicelen-- Dec 22-31 (10), Jan 1-18 (18)
Genelen-- Jan 19-31 (13), Feb 1-15 (15)
Juselen-- Feb 16-28 (13), Mar 1-15 (15)
Froelen-- Mar 15-31 (16), Apr 1-12 (12)
Pendaelen-- Apr 13-30 (18), May 1-10 (10)
Zigelen-- May 11-31 (21), June 1-7 (7)
Esevelen-- June 8-30 (23), July 1-5 (5)
Agitelen-- July 6-31 (26), August 1-2 (2)
Innelen-- Aug 3-30 (28)
Nethelen-- Aug 31 (1), Sept 1-27 (27)
Vinethelen-- Sept 28-30 (3), October 1-25 (25)
Genethelen-- October 26-31 (6), November 1-22 (22)
Jusethelen-- Nov 23-30 (8), Dec 1-20 (20)
LUNAR CYCLE
The lunar cycle is 28.0769 days long. Since each month is 28 days long, over the course of the year the waxing and waning of the moon slips out of alignment with the solar calendar by 1/13th of a day per month. The day-long Celebration of Unconquered Dawn re-sets the alignment each year.
New Moon-- 28th/1st
Full Moon-- 14th/15th
MAJOR HOLIDAYS
Celebration of Unconquered Dawn-- New Year’s Day (365th Day of the Solar Year)
Holy Feast of Epiphany-- Genelen 17th (45 days after COUD)
Rites of Hearth Fire-- Froelen 6th (March 21st)
Day of the Undying Sun-- Esevelen 15th (June 22nd)
Festival of the Reaping-- Nethelen 23rd (Sept 22nd)

For those who care, “dras” means “day” and “elen” means “moon”. Vic, gen, jus, are “one,” “two,” “three,” and so on. Ammonadras means “Day of Ammonar” and “Vicelen” means “First Moon”.

Awesome.
Really, ACKS needs to get released so these great supplements can come out.

can you tell us something on constellations (zodiacal signs? their effect on characters)? eclipses? solstice, equinox and so on? Is the planet tilted like earth providing different lengh of light during the year?