PbP Sandbox Game Recruitment (Closed)

We’re full up, by the way. Sort of. It’s possible there’ll be one more. Someone I took pity on and offered a spot to out of compassion. They’ll probably be along shortly.

I see our last player has trouble following instructions. Nevertheless, we’re full for now. I’ll change the topic title if and when space opens up.

Not to toot my own horn, but I wrote up some posts here (http://www.unseenservant.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1520) about stuff I’ve learned running pbp games. I never got a chance to condense/clean it up, but I think it is a pretty good overview; even though it is focused on running games, it has what I consider to be some good advice for players.

The #1 piece of advice I can give to new players is to make sure every single post* you make does something to advance the game. If it doesn’t – regardless of how much “role-playing” it adds – it is, in my mind, a pretty useless post. Nothing infuriates me more as a DM than people posting without meaningful content. If there is a choice to be made by the party (“do we go left or right”), I firmly believe that subsequent posts should address this choice, so the game can be moved on. Successful pbp gaming requires that players have opinions and not be afraid to share them (“I’ll go along with the rest of the party” is essentially a meaningless post, if made before a decision is reached, because it does nothing to actually move things forward).

*Note that if you’re posting multiple times per day this does not necessarily hold true.

Thanks! I’m reading it now, and it looks pretty good. I need all the help I can get.