Spell Lists for Clerics of Different Gods

As per the subject line, has anyone made specific spell lists for Clerics/Priestesses of gods (either Auran or of their own design)?  Are there any examples of this, either on blogs or in an Autarch product?

Thanks (and Happy Holidays),

The Pugilist

The difference between the cleric and bladedancer spell lists is because they are assumed to be different gods; the cleric spell list is for Ammonar, while the bladedancer spell list is for Ianna.

The priestess spell list is also default for Mityara, if I recall correctly. The generic witch is for no distinct deity, but modified by their tradition.

That's correct!

I've made slightly different spell lists for the different clerics in my campaign. Some other modifications I've made to clerics is replacing Turn Undead with Invoke the Divine which grants the cleric temporary hit points and immunity to fear (and certain other benefits depending on their religion). Another change is that the clerics Divine Repertoire is limited to 7 spells plus their Wisdom modifier. Spells can be changed during the seasonal festivals during midsummer, equinox etc. clerics also have specific taboos for both casters and recipients, if they are broken the caster can't cast or the recipient can't recieve the spell. I'll post my Norse list because it's the most different. Norse clerics must be Neutral or Chaotic. They do not get Cure Light Wounds as they get a damage bonus when the Invoke the Divine and they can sacrifice objects of a value equal to the market price of a spell to refresh a spell of that level (once per day). 

Norse
Casters
The caster must not let a slight go unanswered this season.

Recipients
Must have toasted to the Gods and spilled a strong drink or fine meat for them in the last week.

Level I

1. Light*

2. Remove Fear*

3. Resist Cold

4. Sanctuary

5. Cause Light Wounds

6. Detect Magic

7. Detect Poison and Disease

8. Command Word

9. Purify Food and Drink

10. Locate Goblins

Detect Poison and Disease
Range: 10'
Divine 1 Duration: 2 turns
You see poisoned and diseased creatures or objects within 10' radiate a green aura.

Locate Goblins
Range: 60'
Divine 1 Duration: 2 turns
The voices and whispers of Chaotic but communal creatures become hyper-audible to you and you can detect any who are not magically silenced within 60'.

Level II

1. Augury

2. Bless*

3. Find Traps

4. Hold Person

5. Delay Poison

6. Resist Fire

7. Silence radius 15'

8. Wolf Charm

9. Speak with Animals

10. Animal Messenger

Animal Messenger Range: 30'
Divine 2 Duration: 1 turn
Choose a small animal within range and speak a message of up to 25 words. Then tell the animal whom to deliver the message to and where. You must have visited the location. The recipient can be specific or general. The animal will travel there as fast as it can and speak your message only to the recipient.

Wolf Charm Range: 60'
Divine 2 Duration: Varies
The divine spellcaster is able to affect the behavior of wolves, making them indifferent to the caster and others. A caster is able to affect wolves of a number of Hit Die equaling double the caster’s level. A 7th level caster can affect 14 Hit Dice of wolves, which can equal seven 2 HD wolves, or three 4 HD wolves and one 2 HD wolf, or any other combination. A wolf that is attacked will defend itself against its attacker, but will continue to remain indifferent to others. Attacking one charmed wolf does not break the charm on the others.

Hostile wolves are more difficult to charm, and if this spell is cast on wolves that are engaged in melee combat with the caster, the wolves will only be affected by the spell for 1d4+1 rounds. If the spell is cast on wolves that are not hostile at the moment, the spell will last 1d4+1 turns.

Level III

1. Continual Darkness

2. Cure Blindness*

3. Cure Disease*

4. Feign Death

5. Glyph of Warding

6. Growth of Animals

7. Remove Curse*

8. Speak with Dead

9. Striking

10. Beckon

Beckon Range: 1 mile/level
Divine 3 Duration: 1 hour/level
You create a ghostly hand, which you can send to find a creature within 6 miles. The hand then beckons to that creature and leads it to you if the creature is willing to follow. You can specify what type of creature the hand should search for but not which individual. The hand searches by magic but might not find hidden creatures. The hand is only visible to the creature it beckons.

Level IV

1. Summon Mead

2. Cure Serious Wounds*

3. Dispel Magic

4. Divination

5. Neutralize Poison*

6. Protection from Evil, sustained

7. Smite Undead

8. Speak with Plants

9. Tongues

10. Summon Wolves

Summon Mead Range: 10'
Divine 4 Duration: Permanent
This spell summons forth a barrel of mead which can provide drink for 24 men. For every level the divine spellcaster is above 8th 12 additional men can be supplied. The mead makes those who drink it fearless for 12 turns. They don't need to drink any water that day to stay hydrated.

Summon Wolves Range: 120'
Divine 4 Duration: 1 day
You summon 2D6 wolves from out of sight. They do not heed your commands. They are out for blood.

Level V

1. Commune

2. Create Food

3. Dispel Evil

4. Call Lightning

5. Quest*

6. Restore Life and Limb

7. Sword of Fire

8. True Seeing

9. Strength of Mind*

10. Rainbow Bridge

Call Lightning Range: 100'
Divine 5 Duration: Instant
If you are outdoors a bolt of lightning strikes the target from the sky dealing 6D8 damage or structural damage to everything in a 10' diameter. Creatures may save vs. Blast for half damage.

Rainbow Bridge Range: 120'
Divine 5 Duration: 12 turns
Create a bridge of prismatic light up to 120' long and 10' wide, but it may be smaller. The bridge will be arced vertically but straight horizontally. Magic darkness can destroy it. The caster can end the spell at will.

I have spell lists for Buddhists, Shintoists, Christians and Druids (pseudo-historical not D&D) which are also slight variations of the main list with a few imported or new spells. Buddhists don't create food or water but instead banish thirst and hunger. Buddhists do not raise the dead but Reincarnate them, Christians summon lions etc.

For my dwimmermount campaign I made charts for all of the human gods clarifying not only spells, but what classes, templates, fighting styles, and weapons were availible for each.  The charts included the faith requirements for preists and preistesses.  

I find that this further distinguishes the faiths without needing to create a custom class outside of bladedancer, cleric, and priest/preistess.  

[quote="jojodogboy"]

For my dwimmermount campaign I made charts for all of the human gods clarifying not only spells, but what classes, templates, fighting styles, and weapons were availible for each.  The charts included the faith requirements for preists and preistesses.  

I find that this further distinguishes the faiths without needing to create a custom class outside of bladedancer, cleric, and priest/preistess.  

[/quote]

I dig that. Have you put that online anywhere?

[quote="Alex"]

I dig that. Have you put that online anywhere?

[/quote]

I cut and pasted it into my campaign website:

https://dwimmermountthevillagepeople.obsidianportal.com/wikis/religion-in-dwimmermount

The priest/priestess of the gods outside of Apollo would actually need 4 more spells added to the lists, but i couldn't fit the expanded lists in the 2 pages of the original word document.  I also considered making different spell lists for bladedancers and clerics, but decided to stick with the difference betweeen fighting styles and armor types. 

I did a couple for Anglo Saxon clerics here.

Another change is that the clerics Divine Repertoire is limited to 7 spells plus their Wisdom modifier. Spells can be changed during the seasonal festivals during midsummer, equinox etc. clerics also have specific taboos for both casters and recipients, if they are broken the caster can't cast or the recipient can't recieve the spell.

That's a really neat rule.