Character Creation

Character 2

edit: Free from the tyranny of high expectations, Two could be almost anything. But I’ve got options for a cleric and fighter, so Mage for the Int bonus it is. I’m imagining a guy who knows he’s doomed, but he’s still making the best play for success he knows of.

edit 2: Beast Friendship, Alchemy (G), Healing (G) Taking the d12 rolls out of core for spells; that’s Detect Magic and Magic Missile.

Okay, rather than me bumbling through the thread trying to work out what everyone is going to play, please Reply to this post only with what you currently believe your first Character will be so everyone can see, and everyone can then use that to start finalising choices…

Character 4

edit: I like a high Charisma fighter, and swaps could get me to 16 Strength. Alternately, 16 Cha Bard?

edit 2: Going with Fighter, Bard’s a bad plan.

edit 3: I name thee, Hengist the Fair. Post up with equipment in Character Sheets.

Str 16
Int 7
Wis 9
Dex 10
Con 10
Cha 15

Taking the 110 gold so I can pick proficiencies. Namely, Command (class) and Seduction (G). I’ll pick equipment later.

Cleric.

Paladin.

Upon further review, and spreadsheeting:

Character #1: Clumsy, Weak Cleric/Shaman (-2 DEX penalty, STR, INT penalty)
Character #2: Bard, Venturer, or Thief (WIS penalty)
Character #3: Thief (INT penalty)
Character #4: Mage, Warlock, Witch (STR penalty)
Character #5: Thief (STR penalty)

I’m leaning towards #2 as a Bard or Venturer, and #4 as a Mage or Witch, depending on how Divine casting looks for the party.

I’m torn between #3 and #5, trying to choose whether or not I want the STR or INT penalty.

That Cleric/Shaman’s a sad sack. If I reverse engineering the Aging table, that character can be considered to be Old or Ancient, and used to have decent stats :slight_smile: That’s funny enough to put that guy on the list of playable characters - old tottering Shaman running around with a bunch of whipper-snappers. A Rafiki to your Simbas, Pumbaas, and Timones.

Fighter.

Bladedancer.

Nope, can’t lower a Prime Requisite.

Okay, you can start to see what others are going to play below if that factors into your decision at all. I encourage you to do likewise once you’ve decided.

I’ve got a soft spot for Bards and Venturers, myself. Having said that, the Shaman idea is brilliant, too. Having said that, the party does not yet appear to have anyone with Thief skills.

Enchanter

Thief

Awwwww yeah. It’s all come together!

Can we sacrifice points from one prime requisite to boost another prime requisite? If yes, I’ll play an assassin. If not, I’ll play an enchanter.

Choking Grip and Read Languages it is.

i will use character 2 as a thief:

Str 9
Int 14
Wis 14
Dex 13.
Con 12.
Cha 9.
Gp 16.

and keep character 1, and 4 for replacements:

#3 graduates from Bard School.

So, we’re waiting on Lamech for a Character?

Character 3: Antiquarian Witch
Str: 10 Int: 11 Wis: 10 Dex: 12 Con: 13 Cha: 10
Proficiencies: Seduction, Divine Blessing, Healing
Alignment: Lawful
Equipment: 140gp - TODO
Backpack-2gp
Iron Rations, 1 week: 1gp
Staff - 1gp
Darts - 8gp
Woundwart - 3gp

Character 4- TODO