Character Creation

Second and other tryes

No problem. Just consider what happens when Intimidation fails.

Leather armor hasn’t done much for me in B/X games. And we can’t all play second line characters hiding behind each other. Though that is one thing I’m interested in seeing, is what’s hardwired in the game and what’s down to the GM.

A question with a complicated answer, I think. Each informs the other. The system is flexible, but trends in a certain direction, while the Judges who runs the system is choosing it, typically, for running a certain style of game. That being said, I’m all for “second line characters,” as I generally like playing one myself. But when focusing on that, players also need to approach problems differently. I’m blathering at this point, but, like I said: complicated.

A Bladedancer that fights like River Tam, a dashing Fighter, a magically delicio - I mean, intimidating Paladin, a slightly dim man-of-the-cloth Cleric…

Who else?

Are we doing the Pg 17 prime req raising after choosing a class or no?

Here we go…

I have quite a few options there. I’ll ruminate for a few hours and see if anyone else commits. Looks like we may be short on arcane casters and rogue-types.

Yup, min/max away. For all the good it will do you…

But seriously, pretty much anything that isn’t an optional rule is fair game. As this will be the first PbP on the Forum, I’m trying to stick as close to vanilla as possible.

Agreed on what’s missing thus far.

Character Two: NPC, Shaman
TODO

I’ll play a mage, enchanter, assassin, or thief depending on what the party needs. Since there doesn’t seem to be a hurry to commit, I won’t.

I love this character! He will likely go on to be rule a kingdom with strength, charisma, and lots of advisors.

Could you post an ongoing summary of the current characters?

Maximum Intelligence (or any ability, really) score is 18.

If I could keep track of them myself, I would. I’m on my phone, so this is a bit difficult, however I believe the only certainty we’ve added is a Mage (Warmage Template). I’ll have a closer look later tonight…

My working assumption is we’ll lose some starting characters anyway. Covering gaps is still something to keep in mind, more so starting out before we can take on skilled henchmen, but going to reserve characters can change the party pretty quickly.

Of my five, I’m looking at a very clumsy Cleric, a Bard, two Thieves, and a Mage.

Still not certain if that will be my first character.

Character One, poorly formatted:
The Mage
Str: 10, Int: 18, Wis: 9, Dex: 12, Con: 13, Cha: 8
Str lowered twice and Dex lowered once to raise int.
Warmage Template
Proficiencies: Battle Magic, Military Strategy, Siege Engineering, Leadership, Naturalism

Equipment: Academy-issue spellbook with magic missileand shield, iron-shod staff, officer’s
dagger, red armiger’s tunic and pants, leather belt, leather gloves, high boots,
backpack, quill and ink, 2 weeks’ iron rations, 100gp

Spells: Unseen Servant, Magic Missile, Shield, [empty]